Daily driver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbosvo View Post
    It runs but reverse is gone, interior is pretty clean! I bought off a buddy so I could use as a daily, but I don't see myself fixing it anytime soon. Not sure on ac, It may just need freon!
    Shoot me a Pm with price and things that would need fixed maybe we can work a deal.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I have a 80.xxx mile 2.3 out of a wrecked 93. trans and motor i have been thinking of selling, or trying to find a decent body to put the stuff in. Also putting together an 88 4cylinder for the girlfriend.

Comment

I never could get into those 2.3 mustangs. Is there something good about them for a daily driver? I mean do they actually compare at all to any modern 4 banger? I never could see the appeal...

Comment

I just picked a 92 2.3 coupe up for 300, the trans was trashed. Dropped it off @ Mike's Trick Shift, and he got it rollin again. The appeal for me is the difference in Brake Specific Fuel Consumption over what I currently drive, is going to be night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            2500? Miata.
            Fun to drive. But tops and windows leaked into too many of the older ones. There is always that gay stigmata with them also. When I worked at Mazda about half my miata customers had "partners".
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
              I never could get into those 2.3 mustangs. Is there something good about them for a daily driver? I mean do they actually compare at all to any modern 4 banger? I never could see the appeal...
              they are cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                $4gal>XXmpg><$2500<$3.4Xgal<XXmpg

May take a couple years to even make a difference in savings.
                plus tires, and routine maintenance and the fact that gas prices will fluctuate

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  plus tires, and routine maintenance and the fact that gas prices will fluctuate
                  Yep...

It is cheaper to suck up the extra $10 at the pump while gas is high then it is to get a second vehicle. People dumping their SUV for that Prius and rolling in ~equity so they can save a couple of bucks at fill up yet pay 10s of thousands more over 5 years.

Comment

2004-2005 4D/5 spd Cavalier

I had one I put 70K on and never did jack shit to it other than oil changes and filters. Ran as good if not better than your average stock Civic and pulled down 33-35 mpg with the A/C blowing cold. Hauled all kinds of shit in the trunk from transmissions to engine blocks.

Bought it in 2006 with 33K and a salvage title for $4000. Wrote off the milage for 3 years and sold it for $1500 in June of 09.

Comment

$4gal>XXmpg><$2500<$3.4Xgal<XXmpg

May take a couple years to even make a difference in savings.
                      glad someone else pointed that out, not to mention another insurance payment, albeit small.

Comment

Yep...

It is cheaper to suck up the extra $10 at the pump while gas is high then it is to get a second vehicle. People dumping their SUV for that Prius and rolling in ~equity so they can save a couple of bucks at fill up yet pay 10s of thousands more over 5 years.
                        I say, "let them." I picked up a low milage 7 year old F150 4whl supercrew that way on the cheap as a trade in.

I would take that $2500 and put it into a e-trade account and play the market. The money it will make you (if you are smart) won't make you rich in today's market but you can pay for that extra $40 a month in gas out of your earnings.

But not to turn this thread into an investment thread. Do what you want. If you are just looking for a beater to drive so you are not putting miles on your other cars or if you are just the type of person that needs to spend money; get a car. Just don't justify it becuase gas is up.

Comment

I would not drive any of those pieces of shit you listed. Just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                            i agree with blake, but i was just arguing the fact about them being expensive to maintain...

hell if i were saving money i would buy an enduro or even a ruckus. yea the ruckus is a scooter but it is the only scooter that i would ever ride or own, they look cool for what they are
                            but you would still look gay riding one

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              glad someone else pointed that out, not to mention another insurance payment, albeit small.
                              It gets pointed out every single time one of these threads appear. This site consists of the same recycled posts over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Yep...

I agree it is stupid to buy 25,000 car to save gas. But I'm only talking a 2,500 car to save gas and not wear out my lightning. Plus I could always get my money back out of it or drop a 5.0 into if I ever get bored with it.
                                07 GT500
                                05 SRT10
                                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                                93 Cobra
                                86 coupe
                                Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                                X