Daily driver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily driver...

With gas at almost $4 a gallon for my lightning I am thinking about picking up a cheap daily driver.
    1984 mustang Turbo GT
    0%
    1993 mustang 2.3
    0%
    2011 1200 Harley Nightster
    0%
    Who cares cracka .
    0%
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

And how much is your budget for the Daily?

Comment

Budget? What are you looking for in a daily?

Comment

About $2500.
        I bought my 95gt to drive but went crazy with it, 347 etc.. So its out as a driver.
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

I would say the Harley, but you're gunna hate it when it rains/hits 100+ degrees
          .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
            I would say the Harley, but you're gunna hate it when it rains/hits 100+ degrees
            The only thing is I live in southern florida, its almost year round riding weather here. But it is obviously over the $2,500. So the gas money I saved would be going to payments.
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

I vote nightster. Hell, ive contemplated selling/trading my stang for a HD. Hmmm...

Comment

you should get around 43-45 mpg city driving if you get the nightster, that's what i get

plus bikes are more fun anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                  you should get around 43-45 mpg city driving if you get the nightster, that's what i get

plus bikes are more fun anyways...
                  yes and tires are more expensive and don't last as long .. oil changes and maintenance is more expensive ... and payments on top of that ...

you break even in the best case scenario....

Comment

Buy a Huffy..

Comment

Get a civic
                      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Cheezebandit View Post
                        yes and tires are more expensive and don't last as long .. oil changes and maintenance is more expensive ... and payments on top of that ...

you break even in the best case scenario....
                        HD dunlop tires are shit and dont last long at all. but when those wear out you can get some avon venoms online that are 10x better and last a looong time before needing replacement. oh and you can get a set for less than $200, shipped

oil changes and maintenance is expensive ONLY if you take it to HD any time it needs something. if you buy a service manual, $50, anyone with decent mechanic skills can do ALL maintenance stuff(oil/primary oil/adjust cables/etc.) by themselves. you will be surprised how simple and easy the newer sportsters are to work on. and they are pretty tough too, i have put 17k hard miles on my bike in 18 months and *knock on wood* have yet to have a single issue with my nightster. okay i did have a battery go out on me but it was 2 years old and i never had a tender on it(i ride year round and those cold days are hell on the battery).

now i will not argue about the payments, but they should be pretty low unless you have shitty credit or suck at buying new vehicles

i still stand by my statement that motorcycles are more fun and worth it anyways

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                          Get a civic
                          Or a 90-93 Accord, they are cheap and will run forever.

Comment

I don't get it, is this a toy or practical daily?

You can get a fairly new Honda ACE for peanuts compared to the Harley, and you still get the wind through your hair. A big Harley payment seems dumb if the whole point is to save money.

Comment

i agree with blake, but i was just arguing the fact about them being expensive to maintain...

hell if i were saving money i would buy an enduro or even a ruckus. yea the ruckus is a scooter but it is the only scooter that i would ever ride or own, they look cool for what they are

Comment

Working...
                              X