77 feet high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 feet high

based on evidence in the aftermath that is the highest point the tsunami wall of water reached on land. damn i would have shit my pants seeing that cpoming.

Damn didn't know that, thought the news said 22 or something.

Comment

Screw every foot of that!

Comment

Cowabunga!

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
          Damn didn't know that, thought the news said 22 or something.
          That'd probably be the average, the wave height is going to vary based on obstacles and how the coast line is shaped. A really steep slope leading right up to the shore line will peak a lot higher than a gradual slope on a long beach. That and it could have been the height of splashing from the waves hitting a seawall.

The video on here of a boat in the tsunami hit a wave a hell of a lot bigger than 22 feet!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Cowabunga!
            Tsunami, Snake. Soo-nah-mee!
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

The video on here of a boat in the tsunami hit a wave a hell of a lot bigger than 22 feet!
              Dude, that video was fucking insane. When that Japanese coast guard boat crested that wave, and you get that brief glimpse of the trough after it....I seriously would lose my shit.

Comment

Even if the 22ft wave height is correct add into that the speed of the wave. Not sure of specifics but in open water it is generally accepted that a tsunami can travel 500mph. So how far would a 500mph 22ft wave travel up a slope once it hits?

Comment

Originally posted by dmh165638 View Post
                  Even if the 22ft wave height is correct add into that the speed of the wave. Not sure of specifics but in open water it is generally accepted that a tsunami can travel 500mph. So how far would a 500mph 22ft wave travel up a slope once it hits?
                  Until it stops.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                    Until it stops.

I don't know why but this smart assed comment made me smile.. I don't think the world as a whole will know the impact of this for a good six months or so.

Comment

I would've dropped my pants and told that Tsunami to suck my dick.

Then I would've died.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                        Tsunami, Snake. Soo-nah-mee!
                        Sah-tuh-day

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                          Dude, that video was fucking insane. When that Japanese coast guard boat crested that wave, and you get that brief glimpse of the trough after it....I seriously would lose my shit.
                          I've been in 8-10 foot swells and people were losing their shit. Maybe they were higher, the waves were crashing over the portholes of my cabin on the main deck.

Comment

Working...
                          X