Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Good Things Must Come To An End (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Good Things Must Come To An End (long)

Sorry but this is my long winded response so sorry for the novel. It's been crazy the last few days with what all that's been going on and I've been putting this off for to long already. I've actually been trying to write this since Monday and could never come up with the right words until I had a bunch of free time today.

I guess I want to start off by thanking everybody for the support they've given me over the past few days, it's nice to see who your friends are. And by that I of course mean everybody on the board that immediately jumped ship and came here. But there are also those of you who are special friends to me, people who text or called me to give advice and support and I want to tell those of you it really means a lot to me. It's really what DFW Stangs was about (which I will now refer to as “the other board”) and what made it so great.

I'm sorry for not responding publicly any sooner, I just didn't know what to say with what all had happened and with this board taking off I had time to gather my thoughts as to what to do next. I had family in town all weekend and I was about to start working a 14 hour a day work week so I had to take care of some things around the house as I wouldn't be around much until the next weekend. When it all went down, I wasn't in a position to do anything about it and certainly didn't want to stick around “the other board” either. Kyle and Tyler were quick to come up with a new home and I'm glad everything is back to the way it was, hell it looks exactly like “the other board” but under new management (not Canadians).

I guess I want to talk about what was said between me and Chris over the weekend. He mentioned that we haven't talked or met in person in several years and he's correct but I'm not sure why. I'm one of the easiest persons to get a hold of unless I'm traveling and I'm sure many of you can attest to that. So I emailed him and he replied back. He pretty much told me what was said on the thread and yes he did offer to meet with me but it was already to late at that point. I guess it never occurred to him how I might take it and if he knew how I felt about the situation he would have never made the offer to meet me in the first place.

I pretty much got the impression from him that I wasn't owed anything and as he stated, he put up all the money for the day to day operations and his name was on everything. We started the board off together and it went through several revisions before it settled to what it was at the end. In the beginning he offered to register the name and he would run it out of his house, he never asked for anything from me. I guess I was naive. The first time we had issues with “the other board” I setup a GTG's at Bone Daddy's and took donations to help keep the site running and upgrades done. Not sure if we did that once or twice but after that it seemed like the advertising finally took off and it paid for itself. So did he really pay for everything? I guess but I thought it paid for itself. He never asked for money or anything else so I figured everything was OK. If the site was having money issues, he never brought it to anybody's attention. If he was tired of doing all the work, he never brought it to anybody's attention. If he had been considering leaving it all and closing shop, he never brought it to anybody's attention. Not sure why.

I never asked for anything so I never thought about being more active in getting my name “legally” associated with “the other board”. It wasn't about being in control or making a buck for me, I spent over 10 years on “the other board” and never saw a dime other than the occasional beer(s) someone would buy me whenever I showed up at a GTG. I guess he looked at it like a business/job and I looked at it as if I was hanging out with a bunch of my friends everyday. That's what really made “the other board” great compared to the others I regularly go to.

But enough about that. Moving forward I'm planning on doing something different. I know people are calling me selfish and greedy but it's not about money or control, it's what I always wanted to do and if I had done it on “the other board” I would have stepped on to many toes and pissed off to many people who were used to the way things were/are . I was graciously offered 50% ownership of this board from Tyler. He certainly didn't have to make the offer and I appreciate it but I declined as I wanted to do something else with some good friends of mine. I guess it was time for a change for me as well and I guess now was as good a time as any. At least this way I won't offend people with change, like Obama did, and I can take some time learning the back end of running a message board which was something I was never really given an opportunity to do so before under the old pre-Canadian management.

I'll still post on here like I've always done on “the other board” but I won't commit to being as active as I was before. That was already on a decline anyway as my job, family, and personal life tend to come first now (I almost sound like Chris huh?). Most of you that know me probably noticed I didn't show up for GTG's like I used to but hopefully that well change soon. Unlike other “people” (think pre-Canadian) I always tried to make an effort to be a part of things and participate and interact with the members. It'll be nice to be the passenger for a while rather than the one who's always driving the board. After being the ugly “face” of “the other board” for so many years I managed to forge a lot of great friendships that I'll always have and can never be taken away from me by a simple URL change. It's sad to say this but all good things must come to an end.

As I've said before, I'll support you here, there, wherever. Thanks for everything you've done. Truly appreciate it.

Comment

Jose, thanks for sharing your side of the story, I've been looking forward to hearing it. I'm really sorry about everything that happened, you got shafted pure and simple. I'm glad to hear that you'll still be visiting here, and I wish you the best on your new project. Thanks for all your hard work over the years on the "other site!"

Comment

Thank you for all you did. I never met you but I've been around a while and have nothing but respect for you and what you did with "the other site". When I get back to TX I would be honored to buy you a beer.

Comment

Well said, and a very gracious post considering the circumstances. I've never met you, but you seem like a good guy all the way around. Good luck with everything. And for the record, I think you were screwed by not getting a courtesy heads up or offered the chance to assume ownership of the other site. Well, it's done and over now. Best thing is to move on and not dwell on anything. You did more than your part and made innumerable contributions from what I understand. IMO. You should walk away from the table with no regrets and consider it a lesson learned.

- Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
            As I've said before, I'll support you here, there, wherever. Thanks for everything you've done. Truly appreciate it.
            Same here Jose!!!
            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Bitter Jose is my new favorite moderator.

Every thing happens for a reason. No matter how messed up it seems at the time.

Comment

I am too new to have met you, but I have to thank you. The entertainment value the "other site" had was amazing. The small community type atmosphere was top notch and it was nice to know people actually knew each other on the board. That isn't easy to create, and is something Chris obviously forgot was the biggest piece to the pie. Anyways, fuck it, move on. We may end up splitting with two sites, but it is the same people driving them.

Comment

Oh no! Bitter is back.

Comment

Jose I've had the great pleasure of meeting you in person more than once. You are a great person. I appreciate all you did for the other board and what you will do going forward. I also appreciate that you took the time for presenting your side of the story. I'm sure not all will agree with you but that's not for them or yourself to decide. Let bygones be bygones I guess.

It also seems that this is sort of a relief to you. Again, I wish you luck and well being in the future. And once I get to move my ass back to Dallas, whether it be for a gtg or to live for good, I'll be sure to buy you a beer!!

Comment

Agreed 100%.

You're good people Jose. You're just as responsible for that other board as Chris was and bringing us all together. Years of laughs and friendships for all of us is what we have to thank you for.

Thanks so much Jose. Keep your head up, you're good people bro.

Steve

Comment

You sound honorable sir.

Comment

This guy said it best! I agree.
                          Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Yep, x100!
                            Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

You really don't owe anyone an explanation Jose, but it is appreciated bro.

Most of the old schoolers knew that Chris was the man behind the scenes and you were the face of the "other board", sometimes (actaully all of the time these days) money changes people and it looks like someone approached Chris with a dollar amount that he thought he earned it but in reality 'PEOPLE' of that board made it what it was not him. Everyone had to look no futher than one of our many GTG's specifically our Dallas & Ft.Worth x-mas parties, you could walk into either and everyone knew who you were but I know for a fact that if Chris would have attended either no one would know who he was but a select few.
                              Oh well it is what it is, fuck that board, Tyler and Kyle and now you and Kenny have made sure that we all have a place to hang our 'Internet Hat', home is what WE make it. I look foward to our future and by no means that we regret our past.
                              Many members here have met their wives/husbands, boyfriends/girlfriends, booty calls and sincere friendships have been formed. And lets not forget OUR friends that have passed away during these past 10 + years, the bond that keeps us together will never be broken...'Henry
                              Last edited by Rick Modena; 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X