Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One day truck registration

Hi Fellas,

I need a little advice here. I need to get an old uhaul truck weighed for my church so we can get it registered. The problem is that the truck has no plates. We've got a clear title and inspection.

I've been told that it is possible to get a one day license tag for this purpose. Do any of you have suggestions for getting that done?

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Hi Fellas,

I need a little advice here. I need to get an old uhaul truck weighed for my church so we can get it registered. The problem is that the truck has no plates. We've got a clear title and inspection.

I've been told that it is possible to get a one day license tag for this purpose. Do any of you have suggestions for getting that done?
    Yeah, call your local tax office.

Comment

If the VIN is in the system and the truck is no more than a one ton you can get a 5 day transport permit.

edit** Sorry, miss the U-Haul part. Probably more than a one ton.

Comment

Just curious, are you trying to determine the GVWR or the weight of the cargo itself?

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
          Just curious, are you trying to determine the GVWR or the weight of the cargo itself?
          GVWR. We were told we have to get it weighed before they'll give us the registration. The GVWR on the dataplate apparently isn't good enough.

Comment

OK, I got it figured out. I just need to take the insurance card to the tax office for a 30day tag. No biggie.

Comment

Yeah its a 30 day tag. I would make sure they don't require it to be in your name to issue the tag. Our county does if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
              X