A dealership called me about a truck I'm selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattB View Post
    Chris! Tell me your Honda saleman buddy's name! I got a friend buying a car asap!
    Kevin Choi

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      What a pal..
      LOL! Honestly i had no say in what they sold it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
        For shits and giggles I brought it to Carmax and they offered 11500.
        So, you'll take $10K cash?
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Vehicles aren't the easiest thing to sell private party, especially ones over $10k.

Vehicles are just like real estate. The only reason they don't sell is the price.

Comment

This may be a very ignorant question but how is having a high FICO score translate to "how much one loves debt"?

My score too is just under 800 and the only thing I have payments on (debt if you may) is my mortgage and car payment, that only has a year or two left.

Yeah, I have 5 credit cards, but none of them rarely have a balance and they in my opinion to help my credit score.

My grandfather who retired at 38-40 didn't have credit either -legality issues I am assuming. But he paid for everything in cash - new cars, homes, etc. It wasn't until he was 65 or 70 that he wanted a new car but wanted to finance and was denied even with 60% down.

I would much rather have the freedom of knowing I can finance whatever I want than having a 0 credit score.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

who the hell cares who has the most money or the best credit? You guys don't have enough to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                who the hell cares who has the most money or the best credit? You guys don't have enough to worry about
                I can care less how much money or little credit he has. I was trying to understand what he was saying.
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                  I can care less how much money or little credit he has. I was trying to understand what he was saying.
                  They don't quite understand credit scores is the problem.

ceyko - TexasDevilDog

2. Amount of money you owe and the amount of available credit (30 percent)
                  The second most important area is your outstanding debt -- how much money you owe on credit cards, car loans, mortgages, home equity lines, etc. Also considered is the total amount of credit you have available. If you have 10 credit cards that each have $10,000 credit limits, that's $100,000 of available credit. Statistically, people who have a lot of credit available tend to use it, which makes them a less attractive credit risk.

Where in there does it say that it is better to have outstanding debt?

It is ideal to have available credit to use, but a low balance, preferably under 30%.

I'm not sure how a high FICO is equivalent to high debt?

Sorry, but if you guys needs a co-signer for something, the answer is no.

Comment

Sorry, but if you guys needs a co-signer for something, the answer is no.
                    Lol, I was just bitching cause the lower my debt the lower my score so far.

Now, a while ago a few cards pissed me off with their interest rate hikes so I closed them out and that did the worst to me. However, I expected a rebound with no such luck.

Ah well, the ONLY reason I care about that damned score is for future home loans. May have to buy points or something.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Lol, I was just bitching cause the lower my debt the lower my score so far.

Now, a while ago a few cards pissed me off with their interest rate hikes so I closed them out and that did the worst to me. However, I expected a rebound with no such luck.

Ah well, the ONLY reason I care about that damned score is for future home loans. May have to buy points or something.
                      Yep, the recent financial crisis had a lot of CC companies slapping their good paying customers in the face. I've had some increased interest rates, but kept those open. If they tried to put some annual fee on me, i'd close them out and take a hit.

Search for a new card with no annual fee and add it to your arsenal. Even if you don't use it, it would help your score out in a few months of having the account open.

Once you initially open it, you'd take a small hit for the inquiry, but in the long run you'll be getting positives for new activity and the increased credit limit.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        FOR EXAMPLE.......
                        if you owe $12k but could only sell it for 11.5k then that is what upside down means!

Carmax offered you a good price but you didn't take that deal, WHY?
                        Guy is flying down from Amarillo on Wednesday to purchase the truck for 2k more than Carmax offered.

That is why.

Comment

Glad you found a buyer (sort of). Notice you bumped your price down twice on Autotrader. I'm assuming your final sale was $13.5K?
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Scootro is not the brightest Crayon in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              Glad you found a buyer (sort of). Notice you bumped your price down twice on Autotrader. I'm assuming your final sale was $13.5K?
                              Yep, typically I try to lower it $200 at a time and give it a few days in between each drop. I've noticed that I can have a price listed at 15,000 with no bites, but when dropping to 14,800 you get a ton of response.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                                Scootro is not the brightest Crayon in the box.
                                maybe not but i know good deal when i see it

Yep, typically I try to lower it $200 at a time and give it a few days in between each drop. I've noticed that I can have a price listed at 15,000 with no bites, but when dropping to 14,800 you get a ton of response.
                                told you so.... you was selling to too high

Guy is flying down from Amarillo on Wednesday to purchase the truck for 2k more than Carmax offered.

That is why.
                                goodluck i hope you do sell it, bro!

Comment

Working...
                                X