A dealership called me about a truck I'm selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dealership called me about a truck I'm selling

A Chevy dealer called and left a VM about my truck that they say on Autotrader. He stated they buy cars and you don't have to buy from them.

Anyone had that happen? I figure he's fishing for a sale...

I'll probably call him back tomorrow and tell him he can come look at it in Bedford if he's interested, lol.

What you think?

Of course he's fishing for a sale, are you kidding?
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Yeah, call him and say he's welcome to come look at it near your house. If he asks you to drive to the dealership, tell him to f off.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

Hey might have a customer who is looking for what you have.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
          Hey might have a customer who is looking for what you have.
          yup. We bought cars off the street all the time when i was working @ the Honda dealer and we weren't selling many new cars/trading for used cars.

Comment

Stick to your price.

Comment

whats the details on the truck and price? If youre priced too cheap its possible he's interested in buying.

Im a used car dealer, and I buy from individuals from time to time.

Comment

Alright, free advertising!

The price is lower than the comparibles and it's got a kick ass alarm and remote start.

If he wants to come look at it, cool, but I don't think as the seller I should be driving around to go show it.

Edit: Do you know the wholesale price of this truck? Power everything, folding mirrors w blinkers, bed liner, upgraded wheels, alarm/remote start, tint.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                  Edit: Do you know the wholesale price of this truck? Power everything, folding mirrors w blinkers, bed liner, upgraded wheels, alarm/remote start, tint.
                  Probably in the neighborhood of $7500-9500. I've got a dealer we tow for that buys similar yr, make, and models for under $10k with 80k-120k miles. I was a little taken back by the $14.5k price tag, but I deal so much in auction cars now that it skews my judgment of retail prices.

Private party sell you are probably looking realistically at getting $10k-12.5k depending on options. This is just my opinion based on what I see on a weekly basis. Maybe some sales or finance guys will chime in here and tell you I'm crazy! I deal mostly in tote the note type lots and they make more on the financing and down payment than the actual sales price. That's mainly because they are counting on it getting repo'd anyways.
                  Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                  http://www.titantowing.net
                  -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Shoot, I need to buy at auctions!

Comment

I spoke to dealer and after asking he stated they couldn't come close to my price. I appreciated the no bull shit.

For shits and giggles I brought it to Carmax and they offered 11500.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                        I spoke to dealer and after asking he stated they couldn't come close to my price. I appreciated the no bull shit.

For shits and giggles I brought it to Carmax and they offered 11500.
                        Then why even bother you? Were they hoping that you'd come down 5 grand?

Comment

Not sure. I figure they would have tried to offer something like Carmax. Yay for listing at as a private party and dealers wanting to buy at wholesale.

Comment

If anyone is interested I've got two cars that I will be selling here very shortly -

06 Inferno Red Magnum SRT-8,fully loaded (NAV, sunroof etc) 20 inch SRT chrome wheels, with 37k miles.

98 Cobra with full terminator engine/drivetrain swap/ported blower. (Red with 18 inch chrome Saleen's)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              If anyone is interested I've got two cars that I will be selling here very shortly -

06 Inferno Red Magnum SRT-8,fully loaded (NAV, sunroof etc) 20 inch SRT chrome wheels, with 37k miles.

98 Cobra with full terminator engine/drivetrain swap/ported blower. (Red with 18 inch chrome Saleen's)

What are you goin' to be picking up?

Comment

Working...
                              X