"That" type of guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That" type of guy...

Something happened last night which has stuck in my brain this morning and I wanted to get opinions....
    Be forewarned, I don't think that there is an actual point to this...
    Just looking for some thoughts other than mine...

I'm putting up a curtain rod for my fiancee's friend because she is having some trouble with the placement, a wall stud, and a lack of tools.

So I'm just about done putting this thing up for her and out of curiosity I ask her where her "man" is if I'm doing it (She does have a serious boyfriend)...
    Was basically making a joke more than anything....

She then cocks her head to the side like a dog does when they are confused, mulls it over for a second, and then states, "He's not very "handy" with stuff like this..."

Not "handy"?
    A friggin screwdriver and level.... seriously?

Add to this a previous conversation about this guy shopping at Bannana Republic\Gap and other trendy establishments and my brain starts to take off.

My fiancee's Ex was the same type of guy.... Trendy shopping, every hair in place, pedicures, 250 dollar shoes, traded in cars when they needed an oil change and a tune up (seriously).

Both guys have good "office" IT jobs, make good money, but far from rich, and probably living beyond their means....

Met both of these guys.
    Fairly polished on the outside, but there is nothing of substance past the surface.

I have come to the conclusion that I don't relate very well to people such as the above.

Where\when I was raised a guy was "supposed" to be "handy"... able to get his hands dirty, fix shit when it broke, be responsible for a reliable vehicle.

I could see possibly being able to be like these guys if you made F-U money, and could afford to be all "show" and no "go"..... but that is not the case.

To top it all off, I seem to see more of these guys walking around.... even in the bad economy.....

Whatever happened to the "normal" guy who had a tool box in his truck and actually "produced" something?

Guess I'm just old.... LOL

Any thoughts?

Ladies feel free to chime in also....
    Last edited by Gargamel; 03-18-2011, 12:42 PM.

I blame Jersey shore
    .223 > 911

Comment

People care more about money first of all. And what is wrong with caring about looks? I shop at banana republic and other decent places. I also have an "office" job. Granted I can do pretty much anything around the house.

Are you able to work a computer proficiently, setup networks, code, etc?

Comment

I believe they are called douchebags, and they seem to be everywhere.

The place next door us has a few guys working there like that. They get their hair cut and colored, spray tans, shit like that...

One of my employees is friends with them and like that also. He does his hair with a Chi every morning,

Comment

I read all of that "Matt Foley" style because of "all the quotes".

But yea...I get what you are saying. Seems like sometimes people are just half of what they should be.

Comment

The $30K millonaire Chris-Chris sissies kill me. I see that in my law practice all the time. There are so many buffoons out there that think tying their $500 shoes is hard labor. I'm not the most handy guy in the world, but I at least try to fix whatever it is.

Comment

I get a haircut every 8-10 days and shop at Express.

but i also shop at Ross/Tj Maxx also. Am i that type of guy?
              Seems like your fiancee / her friend were into metro men.
              Originally posted by 03trubluGT
              Your opinion is what sucks.
              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

What's this chick look like?

I'm not what I would consider mechanical, but I can figure things out. I'll take the time to learn how to fix things. Often times, I'll weigh the cost/value of doing it myself vs having it done. A lot of times it is just easier and cheaper to pay someone.

Comment

Along these same lines, how many guys still go to a real barber shop?

Comment

i know exactly what you mean, more and more guys these days are turning into pussies

i say if it takes you more than 10 minutes(not including shower) to get ready to go out, TURN IN YOUR MAN CARD

Comment

First off. Love the sig. Secondly, I lol'ed at "F-U Money" and would like your permission to borrow the phrase from time to time as it is new to me.

Thanks,
                      Brad

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                        i know exactly what you mean, more and more guys these days are turning into pussies

i say if it takes you more than 10 minutes(not including shower) to get ready to go out, TURN IN YOUR MAN CARD
                        Closet metro

Comment

Metrosexuals. It starts with manscaping and ends with getting a rusty-trombone.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Along these same lines, how many guys still go to a real barber shop?
                            i used to, but barber was getting too expensive. i now cut it myself every couple weeks with a 1 guard all the way around. actually it's time for a cut...

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                              i used to, but barber was getting too expensive. i now cut it myself every couple weeks with a 1 guard all the way around. actually it's time for a cut...
                              You need to cut that goatee. I heard Osama was seen hiding in that bitch!
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X