No announcement yet.

Redlight ticket in Richardson.... need input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if you look at the pictures/video and know you ran it - pay it. What's the big deal? Did you not run a red light?

So far, I've got none of these but that does not mean I've not been close before. However, the ones I've seen people get and the video with it seem pretty cut and dry.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      This.

Cameras are not police officers. There is no infraction without an officer present at the scene at the time of the infraction. That's why it's civil, not criminal. It's a scam. Don't pay it, fight it til the bitter end. If these cameras were legal, I could take pictures of someone changing lanes without a signal and mail them a bill.

I've had one dismissed, and I mailed a picture of $75 to Garland twice.
      That's some passive-aggressive type stuff I'd do. BTW, that made my mornin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        This.

Cameras are not police officers. There is no infraction without an officer present at the scene at the time of the infraction. That's why it's civil, not criminal. It's a scam. Don't pay it, fight it til the bitter end. If these cameras were legal, I could take pictures of someone changing lanes without a signal and mail them a bill.

I've had one dismissed, and I mailed a picture of $75 to Garland twice.
        This sounds like the old internet story of a guy that mailed in a picture of money to the court. The court mailed back a picture of handcuffs.

Makes for a good story, but doubt if it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
          Not always, I've sat there while my uncle, who's a cop reviewed them. Has to do so many a week and can do it at home.
          Must vary by department.

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
          Are you SURE about that. I thought the Texas law required a sworn officer to review. I know someone that works in Plano and they have an Officer review them before they send out the violation
          Find the law and it should settle the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
            Talked with an officer in Richardson and he told me they actually have video of those red light cameras not just a still photo...
            Dallas does too.

Comment

From TXDOT:
              "Trained law enforcement officials review the photographs, and a violation notice is mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle."
              Looking at the PD web sites, they all have real officers do the review. Every site I have seen says a "police officer" reviews the violation and then sends out the notice of violation

Comment

FTW's site doesn't mention who actually reviews the violation.

Comment

Richardson's site doesn't mention who reviews the video/stills either..

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Richardson's site doesn't mention who reviews the video/stills either..

http://www.cor.net/Police.aspx?id=4528
                    ???

Who is providing the red light cameras to the City of Richardson?
                    Redflex Traffic Solutions, Inc. was awarded the contract to provide a turn-key solution for the Automated Red Light Enforcement Camera program. Redflex will install, maintain, and service all equipment associated with this program. Furthermore, Redflex will process and review all violations captured by the equipment. Redflex will then provide the Richardson Police Department all evidence of violations. A Richardson Police Officer will review all evidence and ensure a violation has clearly been committed. Once verified by a sworn peace officer, Redflex will be authorized to create and mail all Notices of Violation.

Comment

I wonder if they have just recently started having officers review them, because my right on red was clearly a legal turn. I've also gotten one for a red light that I did run, and I payed it without complaint. But to this day that legal right on red still pisses me off when I think about it.
                      .223 > 911

Comment

Make them too expensive to operate, then they'll start disappearing.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          ???
                          DOH!

Must have skipped right over that.

Ahhh, I read the "how do the red light camera's work" and didn't read that FAQ paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                            You're going to be very hard pressed to get it dismissed.

I got caught one one making a right on red (lol!) driving myself to the ER while passing a kidney stone. It took ER discharge papers to prove to them i'd been admitted only minutes after the "offense" occurred, and they still had to have a fucking discussion about whether or not i should have to pay it. I about shit a brick.
                            Better then pissing chunks of one.
                            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Can I stand it front of the camera with a sign on a long stick that reads, Jesus Saves?
                              class joke
                              {
                              private:
                              char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                              double Peas, Carrots;
                              string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                              };

Comment

Just start calling everyone involved some sort of racial slur real loud. They really like that. The more people that fight dumbass tickets like this, the less likely cameras will be able to convict people. OR JUST BE A SHEEPEOPLE

Comment

Working...
                                X