The curse of the Blansetts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The curse of the Blansetts...

...or is it Blanscets? If you are from that clan, you just can't stay out of trouble...

"Buzzed" man claims Dr. Phil warning of alien invasion as reason for speeding, sheriff say
    Submitted by David Whisenant
    Thursday, March 17th, 9:16 amTopics: Crime 26 250SharePrintE-mail..
    Richard Blanscet
    SALISBURY - Using a high-pitched voice, television host Dr. Phil warned 21-year-old Rowan County resident Richard Blanscet that an alien invasion had begun near his home off Scout Road.

Anxious to save the life of his girlfriend, Blanscet left his home in his father's 1997 Jaguar XK8 and went to "rescue" her.

At least that's the story Blanscet told investigators after he crashed the Jaguar several times, while fleeing from deputies at speeds greater than 100 miles an hour.

Blanscet told deputies he had been smoking a "legal form of marijuana" called "Wicked X Herbal Smoke" when he had the dire warning from Dr. Phil.

The deputy's account is somewhat different.

According to the Sheriff's report, deputies were called to 170 Sailboat Drive just after 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday to help EMS deal with a combative patient. EMS had reported that Blanscet had nearly struck them with a car near the intersection of Scout Road and Bringle Ferry Road.

A deputy responding to the intersection saw Blanscet drive his Jag through the cemetery at St. Matthews Lutheran Church, then drive through the church parking lot, just minutes after the mid-week service had ended.

The deputy then began to follow Blanscet, and reported that Blanscet pushed his Jaguar to more than 100 miles an hour, then crashed trying to make a sharp left onto Poole Road. After a brief slowdown, Blanscet again drove back to Bringle Ferry Road and headed towards Salisbury with the deputy in pursuit.

At one point, the deputy noted that Blanscet drove through the parking lot of the grocery store near Earnhardt Road, then crashed again "rendering his vehicle inoperable."

It was then that Blanscet began to tell the deputy his story of Dr. Phil, the alien invasion, and legal marijuana.

Blanscet talked to WBTV's David Whisenant on Thursday morning and said the 'alien invasion' felt very real to him.

“When this was happening I was not high, the noises from the TV were hurting my brain in a way that made me want to vomit," Blanscet said, "That got rid of any sort of high I could have had because it was so painful.”

He says the aliens were coming through his electronics in his home. After he slammed down two phones, pulled the smoke detector off the wall and turned off the televison, he left the home. He stepped outside and believed he saw and heard a helicopter - which he believed to be aliens coming after him.

When he saw the blue lights from the deputy's cruiser during the chase, he says he also believed that to be the 'aliens.'

"I wasn't high," he told WBTV on Thursday. "This was reality to me."

He says he doesn't believe that the herbs should be illegal, he just wishes he hadn't bought 'the cheap stuff' and believes he got a bad batch.

Blanscet was taken to the hospital for a blood test, then to the Magistrate's Office where he was charged with felony fleeing to elude arrest, driving while impaired, and resisting an officer.

Blanscet was released from jail after posting $2,500 bond.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

RickB?

Comment

Killa B's
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        RickB?
        Is there a 3rd brother? I was thinking RyanB but he was only trying to fight EMTs and cops, not random people. He probably goes by DickB.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          RickB?
          The third "twin" that we have all been looking for. I knew Ryan B was lying when he said he had yet another sibling that he absorbed in the womb which gave him his drinking super powers!!
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

"EMS had reported that Blanscet had nearly struck them with a car near the intersection of Scout Road and Bringle Ferry Road."

Hehehehehh...
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

lmfao

Comment

Oh shit! The 3rd B!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                  Oh shit! The 3rd B!!!
                  That's right we found you bastards out....WHAT NOW!!?

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                    Oh shit! The 3rd B!!!
                    Say it isn't so...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X