Locked in today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked in today...

the mortgage rate that is... 4.75% with 1/2 a point off cash to close. Not closing until ~May 6th, but I felt it was a good deal. It will be our first brand new house, so we are excited.

Our previous house we were at 7.25%, so our payments will be about the same but our will be much nicer and almost twice the size.

Solid barg.

Comment

Congrats! Hopefully in two more years I can afford a house double my size.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

I was sorting through old paperwork last week. I found the loan papers for my first house. The rate was 8.25. I remember a co-worker who refinanced to 8.5 from 12%. This was back in the late 80s.
          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Congrats, nicely done. Long-term fixed rates aren't even close to being correctly priced right now, imo.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Congrats, nicely done. Long-term fixed rates aren't even close to being correctly priced right now, imo.
              Agreed, the gap between rates is all sorts of messed up. One day it's half a point for 0.125% in rate (the correct amount), then it's 1.5 points, then drops to 1, then for a brief second it's 0.25 points, then they catch their mistake and put it back to 1.5.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
                Congrats!

I was sorting through old paperwork last week. I found the loan papers for my first house. The rate was 8.25. I remember a co-worker who refinanced to 8.5 from 12%. This was back in the late 80s.
                yep, when i closed on my house in 1989 i was paying 11.25% on a 30 year note.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

It just feels really good to be settling in... In the past 5 years, I've lived in Tampa, Lithia (just outside Tampa), Phoenix, back to Lithia, Cedar Park (N Austin), and now we are finally buying a house in Texas again.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                      Congrats! Hopefully in two more years I can afford a house double my size.
                      Which is why the real estate market is so cyclical.
                      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                      X