Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been at Toyota of Plano for over 2 hours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making an appointment with a dealer means dick these days. Anymore it translates to what day you can drop and leave the car...

Comment

I had free oil changes on my F150, and the dealership had an express lane. I pull up and tell them what I need, and it was done within like 20 min.
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

It use to take them that long just to rotate my tires. I quite going.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
          Cummins diesels hide LOTS of old oil so when you add the new oil it mix's and turns black instantly. I've only seen one truck not do this and the guys is religious about a 3k oil change plus he drives highway only.
          My truck takes a couple hundred miles for this to happen. Pretend for a second that what you say is correct though, even then there is no logical explanation for a bunch of this old shitty black oil to end up all over the outside of a brand new oil filter.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            My truck takes a couple hundred miles for this to happen. Pretend for a second that what you say is correct though, even then there is no logical explanation for a bunch of this old shitty black oil to end up all over the outside of a brand new oil filter.
            No excuse for it to be on the filter your right.
            There is well over a quart of oil in the head around the valvetrain. Makes changing the injectors a nasty dirty job! Did just that yesterday and my hands are still stained.

Comment

i only take my truck to the ford dealership because one my friends is a mechanic there and his dad is the head of the garage, I forget his actual title he is like the head mechanic. I just text my friend telling him I am dropping off my truck and leave instructions with the service manager that only 1 of these 2 people is allowed to work on my truck. since I am not very smart about the inner workings of engines and such I have always had a mild distrust of mechanics that I do not know.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                i only take my truck to the ford dealership because one my friends is a mechanic there and his dad is the head of the garage, I forget his actual title he is like the head mechanic. I just text my friend telling him I am dropping off my truck and leave instructions with the service manager that only 1 of these 2 people is allowed to work on my truck. since I am not very smart about the inner workings of engines and such I have always had a mild distrust of mechanics that I do not know.
                Shop Foreman? There are no "head techs." At least none that I've heard of. Shop Foremans are the directly in charge of mechanics though.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

i quit taking my honda to the dealership when they managed to strip the threads on the drain plug. then redrilled the hole only to not clean it out correctly which then messed up the oil pump shortly thereafter.

Comment

Wonderful stories. The service really is free, although whomever said my time isn't was correct. It's a lease so all I do is beat the shit out of the car and get service and warranty work for free.

Comment

I will be changing the oil myself for a LONG time

Comment

The dealership is a half mile down the road, clown.
                        What's your point, douche nozzle?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                          I will be changing the oil myself for a LONG time
                          Ditto, though every time I change the oil and splatter it all over my face and the driveway and I swear to never change my own oil again, I'm right back under there the next time. I just don't trust anyone else to care as much as me about my own car.
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

I bought a used truck there for my daughter a couple months ago and when I picked it up on a Saturday morning the lube service drive must have had 50 cars lined up waiting on oil changes. No exaggeration. That place must always be busy.

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                              What's your point, douche nozzle?
                              My point is that you are a fucking idiot who doesn't know what you are talking about.

Clear now?
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

My point is that you are a fucking idiot who doesn't know what you are talking about.

Clear now?
                                Really? And your experience is in what?

Comment

Working...
                                X