Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been at Toyota of Plano for over 2 hours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gearhead78 View Post
    They try to get us to do that crap. I refuse to even bring it up unless a truck has 50-75K depending on how they use it.
    I probably wouldn't care all that much if the guy hadn't also said it was going to cost $275 to do it all.

These are interesting times when live in when just about every business has to turn into a scam and the customer is the mark.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I bought a new 2002 Nissan Xterra and when it reached 30K miles a year later they wanted to perform this awesome inspection on it...that would cost me $450.00 for just their time doing the inspection. "Nissan recommends it..see in your service manual" - the service advisor said. My Xterra never did go back to the dealership again, and it never had any problems from lack of the inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        New truck 15K miles.
        That's ridiculous. Not sure how the Dodges are but the new Fords are like 150,000 for most fluids besides oil of course. If the tech sees a trailer hitch he might put in a rec (Saw trailer hitch, if veh used to tow often, recommend trans service) if it's over 60k. There's a lot of service advisors that have no common sense. It's not they're trying to rip you off, they're just dumb. I had to deal with some at other dealerships and it's amazing at some of the basic stuff that they don't know. He's probably just reading recs that the tech gave him. In all honesty, you should probably have reported that to the service manager. It's customers letting things like that go that causes dishonest people to continue on working at wherever they work.

I'm not sure which Dodge dealer you were dealing with, but I've dealt with Allen Samuels in Hurst a few times, and other than a tech forgetting to properly put a trim piece back on, which they instantly fixed when the porter called me to tell me what was up when he picked the truck up and I told him to let the service advisor know. They seem to be a pretty stand up place.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
          2.75 hour wait total. Got there at 9:45 for my 10:00 AM "appointment" and left at 12:30. Walking me to the counter, he said, "Sorry about that, man, I guess they put the ticket on my desk and it got buried."

Then I said, "It's cool, your dealership is buried in my list of 'Places not to come back to'."

He didn't think it was as funny as I did.
          Another thing you're not gonna want to hear, but even with an appointment, it's first come first serve with routine maintenance. However, when you made the appointment, the person who made it for you should've let you know when you hung up the phone, what the average wait time is at that time.

Although if somebody asked me what the wait time was on a Tuesday at 10:00am, I wouldn't have thought it would be that much...however it is Spring Break and a lot of people have off. A lot of factors to be considered.

If you've never worked in a major dealerships service center it's a very....crazy(I guess that would be the word) environment. It's hard making apologies, but it sounds like he gave you an excuse and not an apology or offer any way to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            That's ridiculous. Not sure how the Dodges are but the new Fords are like 150,000 for most fluids besides oil of course. If the tech sees a trailer hitch he might put in a rec (Saw trailer hitch, if veh used to tow often, recommend trans service) if it's over 60k. There's a lot of service advisors that have no common sense. It's not they're trying to rip you off, they're just dumb. I had to deal with some at other dealerships and it's amazing at some of the basic stuff that they don't know. He's probably just reading recs that the tech gave him. In all honesty, you should probably have reported that to the service manager. It's customers letting things like that go that causes dishonest people to continue on working at wherever they work.

I'm not sure which Dodge dealer you were dealing with, but I've dealt with Allen Samuels in Hurst a few times, and other than a tech forgetting to properly put a trim piece back on, which they instantly fixed when the porter called me to tell me what was up when he picked the truck up and I told him to let the service advisor know. They seem to be a pretty stand up place.
            No, this was when I dropped the truck off. The stealership is right by my house and I often see this service advisor driving his own truck in and out of the place. He has the same Cummins truck that I do, so he knows what Dodge recommends for the truck. It was bullshit and he knew it.
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

I stopped taking my truck into the Dodge dealership when the service writer recommended that I change the tranny, transfer case and differential fluid at 15k miles.
              Allen Samuels told me I had to change the oil in my Cummins every 3k miles. They even had flyers made up saying so, even though the owner's manual stated 7500 or 15k depending on operating conditions. To think, one ignorant service manager convinced me to sell it in less than 2 minutes. I complained about the windshield sticker having the wrong mileage, guy was a prick and told me I was wrong.

Diff service is supposed to be at 15k if you use the severe service table and 30k for the trans.

Comment

A spiff or bonus will make the stealership do some shady stuff.
                www.hppmotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Allen Samuels told me I had to change the oil in my Cummins every 3k miles. They even had flyers made up saying so, even though the owner's manual stated 7500 or 15k depending on operating conditions. To think, one ignorant service manager convinced me to sell it in less than 2 minutes. I complained about the windshield sticker having the wrong mileage, guy was a prick and told me I was wrong.

Diff service is supposed to be at 15k if you use the severe service table and 30k for the trans.
                  Of course they said 3k miles. They would love to sell 3 gallons of oil to you. Then again they'd probably never even touch it and just charge you for it.

I let them change the oil in mine twice on a 7500 mile interval and got under and looked at the new oil filter the second time. It had a bunch of black dirty ass oil dripping down the side of it. How does that happen? oh they changed the filter, not the oil, which was still as black as the ace of spades.

I'd like to kick the shit out of some of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

WTF? 15k seems way too long for an oil change. I think the new powerstrokes are supposed to be 10k but most customers don't even like to wait that long. 15k also seems too quick for a rear/front diff service even in "severe" conditions. Dodge has some fucked up intervals. Maybe that's why they suck?

Comment

Of course they said 3k miles. They would love to sell 3 gallons of oil to you. Then again they'd probably never even touch it and just charge you for it.

I let them change the oil in mine twice on a 7500 mile interval and got under and looked at the new oil filter the second time. It had a bunch of black dirty ass oil dripping down the side of it. How does that happen? oh they changed the filter, not the oil, which was still as black as the ace of spades.

I'd like to kick the shit out of some of these people.
                      Diesel oil turns black the second you start that stinky bastard.

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                        Diesel oil turns black the second you start that stinky bastard.

Just saying.
                        The dealership is a half mile down the road, clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                          , "Sorry about that, man, I guess they put the ticket on my desk and it got buried."

Then I said, "It's cool, your dealership is buried in my list of 'Places not to come back to'."

that right there is fucking greatness, i work at a dealership and if your car isnt out in 45 min or less (oil change and a wash) its free.

Comment

That dealership only seemed like about 2 blocks away when I picked up that intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              That dealership only seemed like about 2 blocks away when I picked up that intake.
                              It is pretty close. Put it down in your list of places not to go.

Comment

Cummins diesels hide LOTS of old oil so when you add the new oil it mix's and turns black instantly. I've only seen one truck not do this and the guys is religious about a 3k oil change plus he drives highway only.

Differential service is supposed to be 18-20k mile. I never recomend a diff service unless the fluid is dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X