Need a truck, GM-Ford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a truck, GM-Ford?

I wanna sale my 07 Silverado or trade it in for a 4wheel drive. I dont wanna a big car payment but I really need a heavier duty truck. I pulled my boat to Richland Chambers this weekend with my wifes Tahoe and got around 6.1 miles a gallon.

Dont really want a diesel but might be sensible since the said boat weighs 9800 pounds. That will be very rare occasion I go that far but we do have some summer trips planned to Broken Bow lake in Oklahoma.

Hell should I even buy a truck right now or wait for the gas to get to four bucks a gallon? The only that really pisses me off is the whole "trade in" process, KBB says it's worth 14,000 but when you go to similar vehicle search they're priced 18,900 and up.

I dont know if there are any people here who work for GM as I favor them, but any help would be appriciated.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

I will say that the new fords with the 6.2 v-8 are power houses!!! With the way trucks have advanced, a half ton with a big v-8 should be fine. Honestly with ford, you will have a glass smooth ride with a supple interior, and with the chevy you will have a sub-par interior with a very nice ride.. just my opinion

Comment

Another vote for a 6.2 powered ford. All the power you will need. Or a ecoboost if you want better mileage and dont care about racing it. lol

Comment

Do they make a model truck that doesn't cost as much as a diesel? I've found a few SLT GMC trucks with the 6.6 for low to mid thirties. I should have said that was my price range in the initial post.

Comment

For that price you should be able to get a nice new f-150 with the 6.2 or a nice new chevy. May not be loaded to the gills but a nice ride!! If I remember correctly sneaky just bought a '10 f-150 xlt crew cab for low 20's has the small v-8 but gets great gas mileage 22-23 and seems to have good power..

Comment

The small v8 is the problem I have now, that and it's not a 4x4. New trucks cost so much money now, that's mainly why I was looking at used trucks. I'm gonna let someone els take the hit!

Anyone think that the market will fall out on the trucks this summer?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
              The small v8 is the problem I have now, that and it's not a 4x4. New trucks cost so much money now, that's mainly why I was looking at used trucks. I'm gonna let someone els take the hit!

Anyone think that the market will fall out on the trucks this summer
              ?
              I do. That's why I sold my truck 2 weeks ago while it was still worth something.

Comment

i would say upgrade to the diesel. you will get better milage while towing anything and they can be had nicely equipped in the used market for well under 20k.
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I have a diesel now and it is the only way to go if you are going to tow much. Race car with all the tools, trailer and refill station and i still knock down 14-16mpg and thats with my 4x4 6" lift and 36" tires. Good luck!!
                  True Street MotorSports
                  901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                  McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                  Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

It'll be seasonal but I plan on towing alot. At least two days out of the week, maybe more. Gotta love the lake, I have family on two separate lakes and the kids love it at either one.

Comment

My buddy has a Tahoe (04 I think) and does not do quite 9800 pounds. Anyway, he will be there soon enough with a covered trailer, spare parts and so on.

One option he's been looking at it minor upgrades (bolt ons) to get the performance he wants out of that Tahoe. Brakes, cai, tune, LTs, and so on. For a few thousand you maybe able to get a little extra oomph out of it.

Still, I think 9800 pounds will still be over the threshold of what's good to pull with those - over and over again at least.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Brian, get a Duramax or Cummins and be done. Bumping up to a 3/4 ton gets you bigger brakes, axles, etc. Fuel economy is the same or better than gas.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Why not buy two older trucks? Get an older diesel for hauling and then something small (Ranger/S10) to beat around in? My s10 gets about 24-28 mixed driving.
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                            I will say that the new fords with the 6.2 v-8 are power houses!!! With the way trucks have advanced, a half ton with a big v-8 should be fine. Honestly with ford, you will have a glass smooth ride with a supple interior, and with the chevy you will have a sub-par interior with a very nice ride.. just my opinion
                            this.

i drove by buddy's 2011 this weekend , had some stuff to move, but the thing had some balls and wasnt a rough ride. I normally like chevy's suspension but this new ford was awesome.

just my $.02

Comment

Detailing by Dylan
                              817-494-3396
                              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                              Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Working...
                              X