No announcement yet.

4.0 earthquake just reported in Snyder, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swear, you people can argue about ANYTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by racegirl View Post
      Cannot.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by racegirl View Post
        Just for the record I wasn't arguing with craizie.

Just thought id clear the air on that.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          I would think the technology from now and 1900 has improved since then, no? I don't see what that has to do with anything considering some of the worst have happened early 1900's. Also, the highest deaths also occurred early 1900's too.
          I would have to blame the higher death tolls in the early 1900's dwere due to weaker building structures.
          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

A 4.0 is nothing, it won't even wake you up if you are sleeping when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
              I would have to blame the higher death tolls in the early 1900's dwere due to weaker building structures.
              What about the 70s? A lot of buildings in the 70's I am sure are still erect. There was one in '76 the deathtoll was 400,000.

What about 1737? I don't think they had many skyscrapers back then: 300,000 was the death toll.

Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Hell i say 80% of the homes in my area are 1940 and older.

Most from 1900.

Comment

The lack of communication and warning systems coupled with the weaker housing is what doomed many in the past. Hell, the global tsunami warning system is generally new. Also, the seismic measuring devices were few and far between in the early part of the last century, and they were crude at best.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    A 4.0 is nothing, it won't even wake you up if you are sleeping when it happens.
                    in california? yes

Snyder Texas? no

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      . But holy shit at the 9.5 in Chile, thats 700x stronger than the one in Japan.
                      Japan was upgraded to 9.1

A 9.5 would release 3.98 times the energy of a 9.1.

Good, solid science in this thread... Uh huh. Yup.
                      Last edited by Strychnine; 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I can haz logarithms?
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                          Not at all. I think you should look up to top ten earthquake list and see where they are geographically. I didn't know technology was required to know if the ground beneath them was shaking to holy hell and killed thousands of people.
                          Damn you're an idiot...explaining ANYTHING to you is paintful...what the *** do you do for a living?

The world is VASTLY more monitored and populated than it was in the 1900's. Technology is said to be exponential expansion meaning it's rate of progression is sharply increasing after each proceeding time period (if you need me to use smaller words please ask). We have tools now that we couldn't have imagined in the 1950s. We're monitoring far more now than we did in the 70's.

People had to be in a location to notice the ground moving. That's where population and global expansion come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Damn you're an idiot...explaining ANYTHING to you is paintful...what the *** do you do for a living?
                            What the...ass? Poo? ???
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

The world is VASTLY more monitored and populated than it was in the 1900's. Technology is said to be exponential expansion meaning it's rate of progression is sharply increasing after each proceeding time period (if you need me to use smaller words please ask). We have tools now that we couldn't have imagined in the 1950s. We're monitoring far more now than we did in the 70's.

People had to be in a location to notice the ground moving. That's where population and global expansion come into play.
                              .....and what I am explaining to you is that doesn't mean much considering the facts I posted above. The year 1737 had 300,000 DEAD and the 1976 one I mentioned also. You are trying to prove that due to an increase in population and where people live is due to the higher numbered dead in this century then that doesn't make much sense considering the 1737 and the 1976 had my deaths than the ones in 2000+.

And don't worry about how stubborn or what I do for a living. I do quite well for my age, thanks.

Comment

Did I say anything at all about deaths? I'm talking magnitude and monitoring. You know...to measure when and where the heavy earthquakes occurred. I don't care to read your random ass google search facts.

To give a true statement that the top three earthquakes from 1900 to present you have to know measurements. Death toll proves nothing because of the vastly greater number of variables affecting that.

And I'm sure just like everyone else here you're a very well off 30K millionaire...for your age.

Comment

Working...
                                X