Road maping program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road maping program

Anyone know of a program or web page where you could enter a list of cities and it would plot a shortest route? Need to enter 100+ cities for a motorcycle ride ?

Wayne in FW

I don't know how many points you can put in but here's two freebies.

Explore ViaMichelin, your guide to mobility. Interactive map, itineraries, charging stations, accommodations, restaurants and tourist attractions. Plan your adventure now!

Comment

Those are like most mapping programs that require you to know where you are going first. I have tried using a few and it just gets weird after few towns by criss crossing all over the place. They require you to have a good idea of your route to begin with. What I am looking for is to just provide a list of cities and then let it plot the best route. This trip is basicly a trip around Texas hiting certain towns. I can figure this out manualy but thought there might be something clever out there.

Wayne in Fort Worth

Comment

Make a pin map from a list of multiple locations, use addresses, postcodes, or coordinates. Free hosting for your own interactive map locator.

Multiplottr.com allows you to plot, save and share multiple addresses with an easy to create customized map & markers.

Comment

There is a program from Delorme called Street Atlas, or Microsoft Streets and Trips. Both of those programs have a GPS antenna that you can connect to your laptop and use it as a GPS unit and track your progress. Out of the two I would recommend the Delorme software.
          Last edited by Hay Burner; 03-13-2011, 01:54 PM. Reason: Name of software
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Comment

These look like what I need. I will try them out and see what it looks like. May take a while to enter 103 cities.

Wayne

Comment

Well, batchgeo only plotted where the towns were which helps slightly but does not plot a route (if I used it correctly).

Gmaps did the same thing, only plotted locations. Same for multilottr. Locations only no best route planning. Looks like I will just get out the old paper map and figure it out myself.

Wayne in FW
              Last edited by Falcongunner; 03-13-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I use Delorme X maps 7 for the oil field and it works pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                X