Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get a good deal on nursery furniture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a good deal on nursery furniture?

I'm looking for a wood crib that converts to a full size bed, later, and dresser, hutch, etc....basically a complete set. (dark in color...cherry, walnut, etc). I figured that a few of you have found some deals! The only decent prices I've found are out of state and have ridiculous shipping fees...even JC penny doesn't ship baby furniture to stores for free. There are some decent used ones on craigslist, but that's a crap shoot... If you have any ideas, they're much appreciated!

Craigslist LOL
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
      I'm looking for a wood crib that converts to a full size bed, later, and dresser, hutch, etc....basically a complete set. (dark in color...cherry, walnut, etc). I figured that a few of you have found some deals! The only decent prices I've found are out of state and have ridiculous shipping fees...even JC penny doesn't ship baby furniture to stores for free. There are some decent used ones on craigslist, but that's a crap shoot... If you have any ideas, they're much appreciated!
      we ended up getting most of ours at Ikea.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

We got everything at baby depot at grapevine mills. All matching good quality stuff. They were the cheapest around too
        Slow moving projects
        1964 C10 350/700r4
        1992 LX 5.0

Comment

we got ours at Baby R Us

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            we got ours at Baby R Us
            I looked at some of their stuff, and the quality seemed lower than the nice furniture stuff but their prices were as high or even higher. I only went to one store, though.

I'm going to check out the baby depot in grapevine.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
              we got ours at Baby R Us
              Same here, but we got the bedding from USA baby. I don't think any of it was cheap though. Expect to pay some coin.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                Same here, but we got the bedding from USA baby. I don't think any of it was cheap though. Expect to pay some coin.
                I've been looking at USA baby, but their closest store is in Oklahoma city...the Houston stores seem to have better pricing, oddly enough.

Comment

Sears used to have decent baby furniture, and if you keep your eyes peeled, you can get their floor models for a decent price when the new styles come in. If you put "baby" in front of any other noun, it comes with a 200% mark-up.

To be perfectly honest, though. I never converted the cribs into toddler beds or used it as a full bed. After the kiddos used it as a teething ring, it looked more like a used beaver cage than a headboard. A changing pad on a dresser works as well as a changing table (and I used the bed or the floor, anyway).

I'd suggest investing in a bedroom suit that you really like, and find a crib that compliments it on craigslist or at a garage sale.

Comment

I've been looking at USA baby, but their closest store is in Oklahoma city...the Houston stores seem to have better pricing, oddly enough.
                    There use to be one in Frisco. That sucks.

Comment

We got mist of ours from Baby's R Us... You can actually go online and get a coupon for a certain % off furniture purchase...

Comment

I got a full Pali set on Craiglist shortly before my daughter was born... $3k worth of furniture for $600.

Deals come around fairly frequently there, just keep your eyes opened. I couldn't see dropping as much as I spent on my master bedroom furniture for my kid who will use it for a couple of years.

Comment

I have a really nice one, not sure if it's convertible but it's nice. It's real wood but not dark. It's yours for the bargain price of free.

I'll post a pic if you're interested.

Comment

We found a great deal on a set on Craigslist, as well. Paid $500 I believe, for what turned out to be $2000 worth of furniture. Ours converted into a bed, but we chose to go a different route as he got older. We resold everything but the stand up chest for Close to what we paid, on Craigslist.

Keep your eye open, something will pop up on there that you want. Just be ready to go look at it and buy it as soon as you see it. The good deals go fast.

Comment

Brad, after looking EVERYWHERE we ended up getting everything from Lone Star Baby in NRH. I believe they have a location in Frisco as well. Most everything out there is cheap junk. I wanted something that was real wood and made well. Lone Star had exactly what we wanted. It wasn't cheap, but the bed converts from infant to toddler to adult, the hutch and dresser drawers have "no finger smash" slides and I know the stuff will last.

This is what we ended up with (in espresso).

Beware that some of the more popular items are order only. Our set took 10 weeks to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                              X