Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan Earthquake! Ok, I am gonna sound like a real dick here so get ready.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scootro View Post

Comment

We have 14 TRILLION dollars in debt. I just checked my pockets, and I don't see any spare change. America should be first priority to Americans. If you think that Japan or any of these other countries would put us before themselves out of the goodness of their collective hearts, you're stoned. It's all a political game.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        We have 14 TRILLION dollars in debt. I just checked my pockets, and I don't see any spare change. America should be first priority to Americans. If you think that Japan or any of these other countries would put us before themselves out of the goodness of their collective hearts, you're stoned. It's all a political game.
        Japan

The Japanese Foreign Ministry said that it would provide $200,000 to the American Red Cross to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina. Japan also identified needs in affected regions via the U.S. government and provided up to $300,000 in emergency supplies such as tents, blankets and power generators if they receive requests from the U.S. for such assistance. One Japanese individual, Takashi Endo, donated USD 1 million from his personal funds to Katrina relief efforts.[13]
        Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          It’s sad to say but we are dependent upon Japan for their goods. Japan's economy has been linked with ours very intimately for decades. All it is for is to strengthen diplomatic relations. Sure we need to help Japan with the nuclear reactor issues! In an emergency skilled people and the right tools make all the difference.

I just don't understand where we get this money to help all these countries? I once read that out of 197 countries we give foreign aid to 157 or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post

Comment

I seem to recall reading a report about all these pledges that companies and/or countries pledge during some events and that often never materialize, but no one calls them out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                I seem to recall reading a report about all these pledges that companies and/or countries pledge during some events and that often never materialize, but no one calls them out on it.
                After Katrina, the US refused to accept over $800 million in aid and supplies from various countries around the world. $400 million of what was refused was in the form of crude oil.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Japan can and should be able to handle the majority of their problems. I don't have a problem helping them out short term with getting their essentials back up and running but let them rebuild their own country. We have enough on our plates rights now.

Comment

Originally posted by threefingerpete View Post
                    we have 14 trillion dollars in debt. I just checked my pockets, and i don't see any spare change. America should be first priority to americans. If you think that japan or any of these other countries would put us before themselves out of the goodness of their collective hearts, you're stoned. It's all a political game.
                    exactly.

Comment

Working...
                    X