Lincoln Conti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln Conti

Found this gem from a friend (typical grandma story. Bought new, recently died) and was thinking of buying it for my wife. Its a 1999 Lincoln Continental pearl white, leather tan interior, 4.6L 32v intech V8 (sideways V8 FWD...) with every option available to it back in the day. Its the cleanest car I've seen in a long time. Interior is stainless and have no tears with the bird's eye wood in excellent shape, 49k miles, no dents or scratches, clean carfax, undercarriage is immaculate with the CV boots clean and untorn. My question is, is this a good car? I dont know jack about Lincoln, outside its a ford... Just looking for oppinions. Oh, there asking $5700. I dont have any pics of it sorry.

I'd pass
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

id probably pass on it. better options out there for the same money

Comment

pass

Comment

V8 FWD=the suck

Comment

Must not be a very good friend if he's trying to sell you a '99 Continental. Those cars are shit, and parts (especially air suspension stuff) are pricey. Pass.

Comment

More of an aquaintance. But thanks all, that answers that.

Comment

Originally posted by ELD3782 View Post
                Must not be a very good friend if he's trying to sell you a '99 Continental. Those cars are shit, and parts (especially air suspension stuff) are pricey. Pass.

It's only pricey if you're paying the stealership for it. The Lincoln air suspension is a good system that only needs minor regular maintenance. Struts, rear springs, and compressor are relatively cheap and very easy to replace.

To the OP:
                The car is probably a good car but you should be able to wave some cash and get it for much less if you really want it. The engine will run forever and have plenty of pep but the transaxle is the weak link.....it won't hold up well with spirited driving.

Comment

I'd pass
                  2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                  Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                  Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                  Speedlogix Catch Can
                  Resonator Delete

Comment

I wouldn't buy it with your money and someone else to fix it.

Comment

Pass.
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I'd rather buy that supercharged MK8 someone posted on here a couple weeks back.

Comment

Pass. My grandparents have an 02 Conti and it is horrible. My old 98 Seville SLS completely outclassed it. More power, more gas mileage, more comfort, more luxury.

Comment

Conti's are ALMOST bigger piles of shit than the LS...

Comment

When I was a wrench in a Lincoln/Mercury dealership those cars used to make my living. Serious POS right there. However Town Cars from that era were pretty decent cars.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X