No announcement yet.

hope silver is a good investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Question - if one wanted to purchase a bar of silver, where would you go?
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Not really. I can "cash in" silver if I need to make a purchase. When I do, I will get more funny money for it than when I bought the silver. I can put up a few thousand ounces for sale right now and have it all gone before the end of the day.

It's all about maintaining/gaining purchasing power too.
      Money has always been this mysterious thing to me because its just paper. If there was an economic collapse I personally think that a barter system would be in full swing. People that have precious metals or stacks of cash wouldn't mean much to me if I have a real need for shelter, building materials, tools, food, medicine, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
        Stupid Question - if one wanted to purchase a bar of silver, where would you go?
        If you don't want to risk buying from a crack head on CL, then I'd suggest Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange. They're the most stocked in the DFW area and hold to their SPOT+ rates no matter what the current price and demand is.

Online for delivery, I'd do qualitysilverbullion, APMEX, gainesvillecoins, providentmetals (they're in Lavon), tulving, or firstmajestic

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
          Beats me, but I've heard that there are actual ATM's that dispense gold coins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
            Money has always been this mysterious thing to me because its just paper. If there was an economic collapse I personally think that a barter system would be in full swing. People that have precious metals or stacks of cash wouldn't mean much to me if I have a real need for shelter, building materials, tools, food, medicine, ect.
            I have tons of food, ammo, drinking water, alcohol, medical supplies, etc. that I can do that with as well.

<---Been getting ready for a while.

Comment

Beats me, but I've heard that there are actual ATM's that dispense gold coins.
              There are only a few and the premiums are pretty steep. I saw one in Dubai and Germany.

Comment

Generally, buying assets at a 30 year high is not the way to get rich. I don't like commodities anyway since they sit there and pay you nothing while you hope someone else will pay you more for them.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

zombies are coming

Comment

Ive been thinking about buying physical silver. To the guys who have been, do you buy locally or online?

Comment

locally in cash

Comment

I personally think that investing in precious metals is retarded. If shit ever really hits the fan, I could give a fuck less about gold or silver. I would be interested in food for my family and arms to defend them.
                        I did a lot of research on silver a while back, but I know Denny is more knowledgeable on it.

If shit hits the fan, the current currency system will mean nothing. Who would want to accept the current currency when it holds absolutely no value at all?

What item would people accept all over the world if shit really did hit the fan? Gold and silver...

I bought in a bit of silver at $18, but I ran into some shit and had to sell it without making much profit. I do wish I still held onto it...

The historical ratio of cost between gold and silver has drifted far apart these days. The ratio of cost use to be much closer between gold and silver and just looking at it from that aspect, if the ratio was to start correcting, the price of silver would skyrocket.

On top of that, silver is used for every damn thing and in high demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          I have tons of food, ammo, drinking water, alcohol, medical supplies, etc. that I can do that with as well.

<---Been getting ready for a while.
                          As far as preparedness in the event of a disaster it appears you have it covered and I can relate to that. But when people talk about stocks and trading I'm completely lost.

The only things I know about investment trading is from Louis Winthorpe and Billy Ray Valentine. And looking at my 401k statements when I care to take a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                            Ive been thinking about buying physical silver. To the guys who have been, do you buy locally or online?
                            When I am set to buy, I open up all the websites I posted above and am on the phone with DGSE to get the best price at the second I pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Generally, buying assets at a 30 year high is not the way to get rich. I don't like commodities anyway since they sit there and pay you nothing while you hope someone else will pay you more for them.
                              This is correct if you're looking for short moves for cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                                I did a lot of research on silver a while back, but I know Denny is more knowledgeable on it.

If shit hits the fan, the current currency system will mean nothing. Who would want to accept the current currency when it holds absolutely no value at all?

What item would people accept all over the world if shit really did hit the fan? Gold and silver...

I bought in a bit of silver at $18, but I ran into some shit and had to sell it without making much profit. I do wish I still held onto it...

The historical ratio of cost between gold and silver has drifted far apart these days. The ratio of cost use to be much closer between gold and silver and just looking at it from that aspect, if the ratio was to start correcting, the price of silver would skyrocket.

On top of that, silver is used for every damn thing and in high demand.
                                I bought the majority of mine last June @ $16.70. The gold to silver ratio was 66:1 and the dollar index was about 88.

Today, it's been high $35, low $36; the gold to silver ratio is 39.47:1 and the dollar index is 76.75

Comment

Working...
                                X