hope silver is a good investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hope silver is a good investment

Well i bought some silver today, im gonna sit on it for a bit and see what the market does then maybe sell it. (fingers crossed the market continues to increase)

I'm long silver, but what is your target? I'm thinking we'll see a pretty go rise until $50, then a major correction (possibly to upper to mid 20's) but then it should be off to the races.

Actually, it was my thought before today's incidents. Who knows what's up now? It's already better today than what I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      I'm long silver, but what is your target? I'm thinking we'll see a pretty go rise until $50, then a major correction (possibly to upper to mid 20's) but then it should be off to the races.

Actually, it was my thought before today's incidents. Who knows what's up now? It's already better today than what I thought.
      50-55 is my target, everyone ive talked to is predicting a steady rise due to todays events

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffneck1320 View Post
        50-55 is my target, everyone ive talked to is predicting a steady rise due to todays events
        It was going to $50 anyway since the COMEX was buying the delivery contracts out (not to take delivery) at about $50 an ounce by throwing in an 80% premium to keep them covered.

Did you buy actual physical and take delivery? If so, you could be selling that off to individuals within weeks @ $50-55. Hell the UK is almost @ $100 on a face to face transaction, but they're a completely different story.

Comment

it is physical

Comment

it is physical
            Good man.

Comment

i guess its just wierd being able to see my money, instead of just a number on an atm screen

Comment

i guess its just wierd being able to see my money, instead of just a number on an atm screen
                Quote from my 5 year old daughter:
                When you die, I get all your pretty, shiney money and Trey and Brock (her brothers) get the other stuff (dollars).

Comment

I personally think that investing in precious metals is retarded. If shit ever really hits the fan, I could give a fuck less about gold or silver. I would be interested in food for my family and arms to defend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
                    I personally think that investing in precious metals is retarded. If shit ever really hits the fan, I could give a fuck less about gold or silver. I would be interested in food for my family and arms to defend them.
                    Got that too. I'd be up over 100% in less than a year if I sold right now... yep, absolutely retarded.

Having a falling dollar is a smart move, though.

Comment

Quote from my 5 year old daughter:
                      When you die, I get all your pretty, shiney money and Trey and Brock (her brothers) get the other stuff (dollars).
                      lol that is a pretty good statement... im just hoping that i can break even if the market tries to head south....
                      Hell i picked up the bars for $300 under market value

Comment

lol that is a pretty good statement... im just hoping that i can break even if the market tries to head south....
                        Hell i picked up the bars for $300 under market value
                        Nice! I've got some killer deals from chickenheads on CL, but I can only do that when I'm in country. I'm not about to send my wife to meet anyone.

Comment

Got that too. I'd be up over 100% in less than a year if I sold right now... yep, absolutely retarded.

Having a falling dollar is a smart move, though.
                          I'm confused. Isn't just about everything given a monetary value and in our case the US dollar. Doesn't seem smart to take stock in something that is bases it value in something you don't consider to be a smart move.

Comment

Not really. I can "cash in" silver if I need to make a purchase. When I do, I will get more funny money for it than when I bought the silver. I can put up a few thousand ounces for sale right now and have it all gone before the end of the day.

It's all about maintaining/gaining purchasing power too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
                              I'm confused. Isn't just about everything given a monetary value and in our case the US dollar. Doesn't seem smart to take stock in something that is bases it value in something you don't consider to be a smart move.
                              didnt understand that

Comment

Working...
                              X