No announcement yet.

8.8 Magnitude Earthquake hit Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everyone on the sub had to wear a TLD, a little device that you wore on your belt to measure how much radiation you were exposed to while on the boat. i was told that someone took one on a flight and the readings were maxed out

basically people are freaking out but it is possible what he said that the damage was not even bad enough to cause a sunburn

my .02

Comment

• Originally posted by grove rat View Post
      everyone on the sub had to wear a TLD, a little device that you wore on your belt to measure how much radiation you were exposed to while on the boat. i was told that someone took one on a flight and the readings were maxed out

basically people are freaking out but it is possible what he said that the damage was not even bad enough to cause a sunburn

my .02
      In my line of work, I've had to use a thermoluminescent dosimeter and I can tell you that someone was just trying to bullshit you about the flight.

Comment

• So Godzilla should come out soon with all that radioactivity.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• but as i have said numerous timesI this is bad, but not life threatening IF it's going as advertised.
          This is the thing that worries me, when has ANY government been totally truthful in matters like this?

If all hell was breaking loose, telling the public would only cause more problems.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
            In my line of work, I've had to use a thermoluminescent dosimeter and I can tell you that someone was just trying to bullshit you about the flight.
            i believe that. that is why i said it was told to me

wonder what one would read if it was put in the microwave

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              So Godzilla should come out soon with all that radioactivity.
              no it will be Mothra

Comment

• That RAD fallout map seems more than self serving.

Comment

• that map is brainwash propaganda

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    that map is brainwash propaganda
                    isnt all liberal media?

Comment

• Originally posted by 78X View Post
                      isnt all liberal media?
                      well yea!!! all that bullshit gives me a headache.

Comment

• Originally posted by 78X View Post
                        isnt all liberal media?

You can omit the word liberal from that statement.

Comment

• this is crazy

Comment

• Well, today we officially cancelled out trip. Miyako's family is safe but we don't want to be a burden to them. Also, all the grocery stores have empty shelves in Tokyo. It will be a few days before they start restocking. The aftershocks are still quite strong. Today Tokyo got hit with another 6.something. No damages or injuries but everyone is on edge. It would be pretty stupid to be a tourist in the midst of that...

Fortunately American Airlines credit all my wife's airline miles back to her account. They gave me a $1200 credit for my ticket but I have to spend $400 when I use that credit (what a load).

We're hoping that things will settle down so we can go visit Miyako's family in the fall. Meanwhile we have asked her Dad to go get a passport so they can fly to the US if something goes really bad. Her Mom already has a passport..

Comment

• Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                              A guy on a 12-21-12 forum predicted a massive quake on March 11th back in January. Pretty crazy.... Says more is in store and has a lot to do with lunar activity.

http://www.december212012.com/phpBB2...=10524&start=0
                              There is a guy on the Yahoo finance boards that claims to have predicted the earth quake in Japan on the 8th of March and says its far from over. He says a major quake is going to hit the west coast of the U.S. or possibly Texas on 3/19 and this is just a run up to 12/21/12. His Yahoo ID is csaintswin if anyone is interested in giving him some shit.

Comment

• BTW, props to the Japanese people. Not only are their emergency workers squared away but take a look at the people themselves. Not panicking. No reports of looting at all. These people are standing in long lines for water and PATIENTLY waiting with no bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X