Video Editors/Videographers inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Editors/Videographers inside

First off, if this needs to be in a different forum, feel free to move it. I wasn't sure which one it would fit in best.

A little background. I've done some basic video editing. I work in Premiere mostly and learn a few new tricks each time I work on a video. I'm working on getting after effects. My camera is a Sony DCR-SX40.

The video's I've shot and edited can be found here:

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

I do their Mule TV and acoustic stuff the artists graciously perform before or after the show.

You can see in the videos that the quality isn't that great. The original videos are a bit grainy, but they get worse when I convert them from projects to media to upload. I typically do .mp4 files, which show up as .3gp on my computer, but are fine when I upload them to youtube. The reason I've been using mp4 is for file size, I was e-mailing them to the Bar Owner and he was uploading them. The file size is about 7MB.

Should I be exporting these as a different file type? I've got the log in information and will start uploading the videos myself so that file size isn't as big of an issue.

Finally, should I upgrade cameras? If so, what would be a good step up? I would love to go to something like the sony DCR VX2000 but I don't think I could find one in my budget.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I took a look and the editing job looks good for what they want. Biggest suggestion I can make is opt for a camera that'll record in HD, that's going to make a world of difference in sound and picture quality. Unfortunately I can't make and suggestions on equipment.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      I took a look and the editing job looks good for what they want. Biggest suggestion I can make is opt for a camera that'll record in HD, that's going to make a world of difference in sound and picture quality. Unfortunately I can't make and suggestions on equipment.
      Thanks. I've learned quite a few tricks here in the last month or two. A lot of the fuzziness I think has to do with the format. Which I can remedy a bit by uploading in a different format. However, in the original video's, its still hard sometimes to make out the artist.

Comment

The biggest factors in size\clarity

1. Source material
        2. Format
        3. compression

I would start with the best source material\hardware you can "realistically" get.

If you start with "OK", its hard to keep "OK" once you start converting\compressing.

What program are you using to edit\export?

Comment

Adobe premier. Any recommendations o?n equipment

Comment

I use the panasonic p2's they convert video to 720 or 1080, and I'm not sure but I think they do standard def as well, I have not had to use it. The smaller version is ok and portable but I don't care for the lens compared to the bigger news shooter. From what I understand there is a Canon HD cam that can shoot standard def or 1080 and is compatible with all lens's made by Canon. I think it is an XL 2 but not positive. I shot on it one time and liked it better than the small p2 but it can not do 720 which some places only use.

Comment

Not familiar with premier. As Avid and Final cut is what I'm around...try using H.264 codec quicktime. Yes its compressed, but MPEG2 format is compressed to begin with.

I'll send ya a PM with a link. Send me the complete spot in your highest quality format and let me see if I can transcode for ya.

Comment

Working...
              X