Man dies saving his brother's life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man dies saving his brother's life...

Sad story...I have seen this before but it was a kidney transplant surgery that killed the one I saw.

Pretty rare. Donors hardly ever don't make it. Sad deal, especially that it is rejecting.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Pretty rare. Donors hardly ever don't make it. Sad deal, especially that it is rejecting.
      Every transplant recipient experiences organ rejection at some point...unless it is autologous or from a twin. It is the physician's job to keep the rejection in check with medications. But, over time, the organ will need to be replaced or the patient will die.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        Every transplant recipient experiences organ rejection at some point...unless it is autologous or from a twin. It is the physician's job to keep the rejection in check with medications. But, over time, the organ will need to be replaced or the patient will die.

Dude, who are you tellin'?

<-- Kidney donor.

Comment

<-- Kidney donor.
          Yup...I remember you talking about it. When I was a general surgery intern, we had a 22yr old kidney donor die from a massive PE...his younger sister had a congenital disease and needed a transplant. Sucked...

Comment

Yup...I remember you talking about it. When I was a general surgery intern, we had a 22yr old kidney donor die from a massive PE...his younger sister had a congenital disease and needed a transplant. Sucked...

Man. We got lucky with mine. My mom donated hers in 1990, and it rejected right away. Luckily the rejection medicine had come WAY ahead in 14 years, and mine has worked flawlessly.

Comment

IBBIGSTUDLYSAYSHE'DRATHERGOHOMETOHISFAMILY

*edit* fixed caps
              Last edited by Shorty; 11-16-2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

<-- Kidney donor.
                The man speaketh the truth!

Comment

Sad story...I have seen this before but it was a kidney transplant surgery that killed the one I saw.

http://www.aolhealth.com/2010/11/16/.../?ncid=webmail
                  Truly sad indeed.
                  Hard to read, for me.

No doubt.

David

Comment

Sad, indeed.

Comment

My dads heart started rejecting and he died 13 years after his transplant.
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        My dads heart started rejecting and he died 13 years after his transplant.
                        dam, my dad got his in 2004, he mentioned they last average 10 years

Comment

In my home town, a brother gave a brother a kidney ..

He got sick(donor) died .. the survivor was so full of guilt , he killed himself

Comment

damn thats a sad story.

Comment

Working...
                            X