Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the CDL holders/truck drivers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the CDL holders/truck drivers....

Awhile back I had to get a CDL for work because I pull a gooseneck in excess of 26k. Tonight I received a citation for rolling a stop sign and I would like to know the possible repercussions and/or what my best plan of action would be to take care of this. My last citation was about 5 years ago.

And yes, I have done a google search but have come up with a wide range of answers.
    The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Can't take defensive driving

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      Can't take defensive driving
      I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that deferred adjudication isn't an option. These are the only two thing I do know for sure. LOL
      The Daily

Comment

They say that you can't get deferred, but I've had success with lawyers. Find a traffic lawyer that'll handle CDLs and call them.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
          They say that you can't get deferred, but I've had success with lawyers. Find a traffic lawyer that'll handle CDLs and call them.
          Who do you drive for if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

I have had quite a few drivers of mine over the years get away with deferred,but only in large cities. It really is a hit and miss. I can say the one's that got away with it did it by mail. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
              Who do you drive for if you don't mind me asking?
              I used to drive for Denton ISD. Now I have a real job.
              Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
              I have had quite a few drivers of mine over the years get away with deferred,but only in large cities. It really is a hit and miss. I can say the one's that got away with it did it by mail. Good luck!
              I got deferred in Denton and Hillsboro, and I had another lawyer get an 80 in a 60 in Grapevine reduced to 65 in a 60.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

i took deferred in irving...

Comment

Whare was it at? Randall Scott in dallas got my 100 in a 60 dismissed. May be worth calling to see if they work with CDL drivers.

Comment

Call Kyle Morrow (i will have to find his # if you need it) in garland,I got a ticket for running a red light and he got it dismissed for me..
                    Last edited by Buck Nasty; 03-08-2011, 07:16 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Bailey and gaylen (sp) have always handled mine and had then deffered

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                        I used to drive for Denton ISD. Now I have a real job.I got deferred in Denton and Hillsboro, and I had another lawyer get an 80 in a 60 in Grapevine reduced to 65 in a 60.
                        Good info! I will recommend Lawyers in the future.

Comment

Hire a lawyer that deals with cdl tickets. Likely they can talk to the judge and work out some kind of deal which will keep it off your mvr.

Comment

Not the way I like to do things but I let them go to warrent then usually it gets treated like a failure to appear not a speeding ticket.
                            Last speeding award I received I went to James Mallory !
                            89 mustang coupe at the house now ..... SOLD
                            97 F-250 HD crew cab shorty 4x4 overfueled for your pleasure ................

Comment

Thanks everyone for all of the input, I will get with a lawyer and see what he can do for me.
                              The Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X