fair value of this car hauler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fair value of this car hauler?

Looking for one, what is this one worth in your opinion? (before i make an offer)

I have a very very nice custom built car hauling trailer that I had built for my daughter to carry her 1972 mach one mustang I bought her for her 16th birthday to take to local Redline races. Well you know 16 year old girls and their attention span. She lost interest and ended up selling the car just over a year after I bought it for her and now I have no need for this very very nice custom built trailer that I spent over $7,000 having built. There is no other one in the world like this one!!!! The entire trailer length is 25 ft long, but the deck length is 19.5 ft long. Brakes on rear axel's only. 5,000 lb axel's. Comes with a BUILT IN AIR TANK with connection inside the front tool box. The width of the the trailer at its widest from tire to tire is 8.4 ft or 100 inches. The width of the cargo holding capabilities is 6.5 ft or 77 inches. The frame size is 4 inches. The circumference of the axel's are 9.5 inches exactly. The A frame axel is tied into the front of the fenders. It is dovetailed, has a powder coated finish for little to no rust, has hidden car ramps with chrome safety clips. It has 8 recessed in floor matching anchors, custom railing, 5 aluminum wheels 16in, 5 brand new p23580r16 "5" trailer tires, a custom licenes plate holder, custom recessed trailer lighting, 3 custom recessed in floor tool/ storage box's with INDIVIDUAL lights in each one that are 6.5 inches deep, and 3.9 ft or 45 inches wide, 3 CHROME diamond plated box covers with HYDRALIFTS with locks, and a black powder coated diamond plate floor. I was originally asking $9,500 for it but cant sell it with this economy right now. I hate to let it go for as cheap as I am but very much need the money. Like I said, I would like to get $3,900 for it which is over three thousand dollars less than what I spent on having it made but is not a set price. Im already going to lose alot money on it, but im in a sticky situation and will take the best offer that I can get, but no lowballing please. If you have any questions please call or text me at 214-906-0036. Thank you

That price is higher than giraffe pussy

Comment

"I was originally asking $9,500 for it"
      WTF thats crazy. I'd prob pay 3k but it's not my cup of tea personally.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

What brand? I'd say $1500-2000

Comment

$2-3k assuming the tires are in great shape. I would personally lowball and offer $1500 and work my way up of course. For the $9500 he originally wanted you could get a decent enclosed setup, he is smoking crack at that original price!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              What brand? I'd say $1500-2000
              that's what i was thinking. i've seen similar trailers go for ~$1700... it apparently does have some extra stuff (air tank, tool boxes, etc), but those things don't add up to that much, in my opinion.

Comment

The cost of materials to build that trailer would cost upwards of 2K.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                  that's what i was thinking. i've seen similar trailers go for ~$1700... it apparently does have some extra stuff (air tank, tool boxes, etc), but those things don't add up to that much, in my opinion.
                  Yeah, but what would I know about equipment trailers?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Yeah, but what would I know about equipment trailers?
                    You don't know shit

Comment

I had an almost identical trailer (no side rails to bump your doors, but a rail on the front), ramps, recessed hold downs, recessed lights on the side, same crank on front as that one, excellent condition, no rust, chrome wheels, new tires and paid $2500 for it. It was 6 months old. Sold it a year later for basically what I paid for it.
                      Mustangs previously owned:
                      1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                      1992 LX AOD
                      1993 LX Drag Car
                      1995 GTS
                      1997 Cobra
                      2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                      Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                      2016 Honda Accord Touring
                      2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

i think it's worth $2500
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

you should ask $19k for it

Comment

i love love those built-in tool boxes and the custom air tank!

Comment

buy mine for 1200 and I will buy that one

Comment

Working...
                              X