this is not a political thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is not a political thread.

how high do you think gas will get by june? its 3.29 now across the street from me. do you think it will hit 4.00? or miss it? by how much? even higher? im paying 3.59 right now for premium but i hear others are paying more, when will the madness end and do you ever think it will get back under 3.00 a gallon?

Penguin farts!
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
      how high do you think gas will get by june? its 3.29 now across the street from me. do you think it will hit 4.00? or miss it? by how much? even higher? im paying 3.59 right now for premium but i hear others are paying more, when will the madness end and do you ever think it will get back under 3.00 a gallon?
      Knock knock
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

My ass is puckering now with a empty Suburban and a GT. FUCKKKKKKKKK anyone wanna buy a suburban?/???

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
          My ass is puckering now with a empty Suburban and a GT. FUCKKKKKKKKK anyone wanna buy a suburban?/???
          this has got to be hurting sales of v8's, wheres the stimulus bailout on gasoline

Comment

this has got to be hurting sales of v8's, wheres the stimulus bailout on gasoline
            Hell yeah. 3 out of 4 of my cars are V8s. none of them get good gas milage. I might have to daily the Vert(2.3) soon.
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
              Hell yeah. 3 out of 4 of my cars are V8s. none of them get good gas milage. I might have to daily the Vert(2.3) soon.
              i bet that expy loves the pump lol

Comment

Where's the "Mr. Fusion" when you need it. Oh well, my 88 coupe gets 25mpg.

Comment

I love these threads.

Comment

Back porch is always weeks behind the political forums on these kinds of topics.
                    class joke
                    {
                    private:
                    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                    double Peas, Carrots;
                    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                    };

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      Where's the "Mr. Fusion" when you need it. Oh well, my 88 coupe gets 25mpg.
                      sitting on the shelf with smokey yunicks miracle carb

Comment

i bet that expy loves the pump lol
                        Yep! it gets about 10.5 mpgs. On the bright side my wife does not drive to far for work. Maybe 30 to 40 miles per week.
                        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

as hi as yo gubment check

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            as hi as yo gubment check
                            are you wearing clothes from 5 years ago too?

Comment

As of right now fuel is as high as I have seen it since I started my company in February 2009. I sent out letters on Friday to my contract companies stating we would start a fuel surcharge on March 15th. I started getting calls on Monday about it. Everyone was concerned, but if you break it down a 30 mile tow is only going to cost $5.00 for the fuel S/C at current prices.

It is based on industry standards and is a sliding scale depending on diesel fuel prices. Once prices get down to $2.53 per gallon then the S/C will go away. I'm doing my best to not raise my prices, but my fuel expense has shot way up over the last couple of weeks. When we started I remember fuel being as low as $1.90 a gallon, but last Friday in Dallas one of my trucks had to fill up at $3.79 a gallon. I haven't yet raised my prices to compensate, I've been trying to work with the costs. It has now gotten to a point that fuel is really cutting into my budget so I've got to compensate.

I've been watching the news and reading online about the speculation of prices. Some are saying that fuel prices could be as high as $4.00 a gallon for gas by Memorial day and could go as high as $5.00-5.50 by the end of summer. So for now I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best! Since diesel usually runs $.30-.50 higher than gas, you can see why I'm concerned about costs! In the end, its the consumers that are going to feel the hit. I'll continue to run our wreckers, but our fuel costs are being passed on to the customer.

Unfortunately I have bills (insurance, payroll, etc) to pay too, plus its nice to actually make a little money on the side and not just break even! Not to mention my personal bills like utilities, house payment, food, etc.
                              Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                              http://www.titantowing.net
                              -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Working...
                              X