Do you love cancer? Do you hate kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you love cancer? Do you hate kids?

Well, if you do then you're a real ass. You probably hate puppies and sunshine also. Jerk.

But, if you're one of those good souls who thinks cancer should be choked out Chuck Norris style and nuked from orbit, then I could use your help.

It's coming up on that time of year again... time for the Trek 100 in Waterloo, Wisconsin.
    Sponsored by Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer, to date this event has raised over $9.2 million for cancer research and given hope to thousands of kids battling cancer and blood disorders.

Just like last year, I will personally match the largest donation made through my page.

Thanks, guys.

Guinness has already given me support... won't you

Last edited by Strychnine; 03-02-2011, 03:52 PM.

I love puppies and sunshine but I don't like kids.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

^ Same.

I helped raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma this weekend, so I don't have to donate shit, fucker. Suck my BALLLLLSSSSSZZZ!

Comment

Edited: good luck!!!!

Comment

Added bonus:

I'll bring some farm-fresh cheese curd back to the top donor
          Last edited by Strychnine; 03-02-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Noted. Removed.
            Thanks! I will edit my post as well to not refer to it

Comment

why do charities always involve running or bicycles? is it because if they didn't have a charity then no one would care about the 5k run they just did.

Comment

Instead of giving you money, I'm going present you with the "Thread title of the week" award. Congrads.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  why do charities always involve running or bicycles? is it because if they didn't have a charity then no one would care about the 5k run they just did.
                  You're cause and effect are mixed up... you've got two different subjects there.

why do charities always involve running or bicycles?
                  They don't. I did a bowling thing for Big Brothers / Big Sisters not long ago.
                  However, running and cycling are easily accessible and very popular. Individuals can participate alone (no teams required) but team (aka 'group of friends') entires are always welcome, it is self paced, "competition" is non-contact and less fierce than with other sports which encourages less "professional" entries and all of these contribute to larger pool of participants and donors.
                  Why would a non-sport specific charity hosting an activity based event look elsewhere? Maybe we should investigate why there are not more charity jai alai tournaments or charity high dive competitions?

if they didn't have a charity then no one would care about the 5k run they just did.
                  Why a person chooses to do an event is, well, personal. Whether it's for the sense of accomplishment, bragging rights, the t-shirt or just to get away from their nagging wife and screaming kids... does it really matter? There are plenty of events that don't involve any sort of charity (generally populated by the "personal satisfaction" crowd). You just hear about them because you don't seek them out or you are not solicited.

Comment

Charity batin'

3..2..1..go!

Comment

Cancer is just natures version of population control and too many kids are why it exists.

JK....kinda.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

My next run has zero to do with charity...so that's a bunk myth. People do these aggressive feats of physical aptitude to actually work for the money they receive and for the publicity it brings in my opinion. I'd rather give money to someone who earns it any some form, rather than someone sitting on the sidewalk with a coffee can.

Comment

Sorry if I got under your skin it wasn't my intentions but I was just curious at other peoples opinions on the matter of charities involving sports activities! I just assume more money can be raised from people that attend these events rather than just asking for it by advertising, mail, or in person.

Comment

Sorry if I got under your skin it wasn't my intentions
                            Nah, just bored.

Comment

I'll pitch in on payday. How long will you be taking donations?
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X