Bass Tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Tournament?

Bass Champs Ram mega bass give away on fork on the 27th, anybody else fishing this tournament? They are giving away a dodge half ton truck every hour, paying out 11 more places every hour, and a loaded dodge laramie for biggest bass over all.

So is a good strategy fishing to win the tourney or trying for that one hog?
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
      Its a big bass tournament so that 1 big fish is all you need. You never know man, on Ford a 3lb fish could win you a big dodge truck.

Best thing to do is get you a weigher in the livewell, listen to the radio for the weights every hour, and keep hunting that big over slot fish.

Comment

I have seen some monsters pulled out of that lake

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          I have seen some monsters pulled out of that lake
          Yessir and there have been quite a few good sized overs this year.

Comment

SOUNDS LIKE FUN! Too bad my boat isn't ready.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Do you have a link with more info on this?
              Wanna see my care face???

Comment

can I use a cane pole off the pier? beer drinking allowed? my mom lives in Quitman on a 15-20 acre private lake down the road from Fork. Caught a 5ld large mouth 2/19 after my dad's funeral. they are hitting the baby minus 1 lure with a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLET_DRIVER View Post
                  Bass Champs Ram mega bass give away on fork on the 27th, anybody else fishing this tournament? They are giving away a dodge half ton truck every hour, paying out 11 more places every hour, and a loaded dodge laramie for biggest bass over all.
                  I will be there, you do know how it works with the biggest bass every hour, right? You hav eto be back to weigh in before the hour is up. I missed a brand new Triton one time because of Robby Rose a couple of years ago. Good thing he was charged with felony theft, that damn cheater!

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                  Well, it all depends....quantity usually wins, but there are so many guides that have artificial structure on that lake, that its always a competition. I just get my 5 and cull em', but you see, this lake has a slot, can't be under or over ;-) Makes it a bit more challenging, so even if you catch a 10+ lb'er, it still has to be within the slot.

BTW: I still need a great backseater if anyone is intrested! I have a 20ft legend with a 225 merc Pro XS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 01lightning View Post
                    I will be there, you do know how it works with the biggest bass every hour, right? You hav eto be back to weigh in before the hour is up. I missed a brand new Triton one time because of Robby Rose a couple of years ago. Good thing he was charged with felony theft, that damn cheater!

Well, it all depends....quantity usually wins, but there are so many guides that have artificial structure on that lake, that its always a competition. I just get my 5 and cull em', but you see, this lake has a slot, can't be under or over ;-) Makes it a bit more challenging, so even if you catch a 10+ lb'er, it still has to be within the slot.

BTW: I still need a great backseater if anyone is intrested! I have a 20ft legend with a 225 merc Pro XS!!!

HOLY SHIT man you are going to have a BLAST!!! I fish a few small ones every year and they're tons of fun. Nothing more peaceful than fishing...nothing more exciting than catching em. Wish I could go, but chicks tend to slow guys down and I'm not about to piss off a fisherman LOL
                    Originally posted by Vertnut
                    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                      HOLY SHIT man you are going to have a BLAST!!! I fish a few small ones every year and they're tons of fun. Nothing more peaceful than fishing...nothing more exciting than catching em. Wish I could go, but chicks tend to slow guys down and I'm not about to piss off a fisherman LOL

There is nothing wrong with fishing with a woman! I've been outfished by several before! I haven't been in a tourney for more than 6 months now, but on events like this, I try to gamble with the big dogs.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with fishing with a woman! I've been outfished by several before! I haven't been in a tourney for more than 6 months now, but on events like this, I try to gamble with the big dogs.
                        Funny you mention that, because I've outfished quite a few men in my day

I've never been in a big tournament like this one though, and I'm far from being a stellar fisherman. I just think it'd be fun to do
                        Originally posted by Vertnut
                        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Yessir Ive fished a few big bass events before and walked away with more than 1 hourly place in my pocket. Plus My dad and I have been fishing alot of the JC Outdoors events and finishing in the money on more than 1 occasion this past year. FIsh the Bullet Open on Fork every year, of wich every other year is a big bass event. Ive been lucky to win what Ive won in the past couple years.

Care to put that legend up against my bullet? I just got an ole 993 20xrd with a noisey 2.5L merc on it. Even let you load up light with 1 person and Ill take 2 people with a heavy fishing load. Lets run the boat lane from minnow bucket to Lake Fork Marina. No GPS just marker to marker and knowledge of the lake.

Comment

Legend against the bullet? Nah, I know when to pick my battles, now, on the other hand, if you don't mind me bringing along the Stroker with a 2.5 that is misfiring ;-) I'd be more than glad to take you up on that offer :-D I believe that might be a more fair match. In all honesty though, I don't own the stroker completley, although, 50% is mine

Comment

Be sure you pack some DJ Magic Mike. You'll take it for sure.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X