No announcement yet.

03-04 cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are trying to give you a little wisdom, not bust your balls and get in your business.

Let's look 12 months ahead. Baby is here, formula/diapers cost more than your car payment, wife still hasn't found a new job. Car is going to have to go. Then you're upside down, and you're going to post up asking "What now?". Could have been put more politely, but this is DFWM, you should have expected worse than what you've received thus far.

I must say, as a taxpayer, the thought of paying for your wife's Medicaid while you roll around in a Cobra chaps my fucking ass. Leeches will eventually cause a fucking riot with the rest of us, that actually contribute to society.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      People are trying to give you a little wisdom, not bust your balls and get in your business.

Let's look 12 months ahead. Baby is here, formula/diapers cost more than your car payment, wife still hasn't found a new job. Car is going to have to go. Then you're upside down, and you're going to post up asking "What now?". Could have been put more politely, but this is DFWM, you should have expected worse than what you've received thus far.

I must say, as a taxpayer, the thought of paying for your wife's Medicaid while you roll around in a Cobra chaps my fucking ass.
      I never paid $600 on formula, diapers, and clothes combined. $600 probably covers my car, ins, electric, water, cable bill and probably gas for 2-3 days.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        I never paid $600 on formula, diapers, and clothes combined.
        dollar store formula? We did with my daughter. It was organic/bleach free formula and there was something special about the diapers, too.

And we haven't even begun to discuss the expense of childcare.

Comment

dollar store formula?

We did with my daughter. It was organic/bleach free formula and there was something special about the diapers, too.
          Dunno. It was the canned stuff at walmart or the same stuff they give you at the hospital. My daughter wouldn't take the flakes/water, she needed the "high quality" stuff apparently..
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Well, since I am at 14 months into my ordeal...I mean parenthood.

It costs about $100a month for formula(symalac), $90 or so for diapers, clothes is a crap shoot, and don't forget the wipes, doctor visits, medicines, boogie wipes, bottles fucking yadda yadda yadda.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

It costs about $70 a month for formula(symalac), $90 or so for diapers, clothes is a crap shoot, and don't forget the wipes.
              Wait... You're supposed to use wipes?! I thought thats what shopping carts were there for?

Comment

I never paid $600 on formula, diapers, and clothes combined. $600 probably covers my car, ins, electric, water, cable bill and probably gas for 2-3 days.
                OP was talking about having a $400/mo car payment, which those things for a baby can easily cost.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

It costs about $100a month for formula(symalac), $90 or so for diapers, clothes is a crap shoot, and don't forget the wipes, doctor visits, medicines, boogie wipes, bottles fucking yadda yadda yadda.
                  Shit, my kid eats that much formula in 2 weeks (at Costco prices even). When he was younger he had to be on special formula for protein allergies and was eating $100/week. Now that he is getting older and starting to eat baby food it helps.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I must say, as a taxpayer, the thought of paying for your wife's Medicaid while you roll around in a Cobra chaps my fucking ass. Leeches will eventually cause a fucking riot with the rest of us, that actually contribute to society.
                    ^^I like the way this guy thinks!

Not to join in man, but a cobra is not and never will be a family car.
                    I'm what you would call a "bad influence"

Comment

Dunno. It was the canned stuff at walmart or the same stuff they give you at the hospital. My daughter wouldn't take the flakes/water, she needed the "high quality" stuff apparently..
                      My bad.... I was going off the OP's figure of $400, not the $600 figure. Baby shit cost us over $400/monthly.

Comment

Oh, don't forget the daycare if she gets another job. There goes another $700-1000 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                          Shit, my kid eats that much formula in 2 weeks (at Costco prices even). When he was younger he had to be on special formula for protein allergies and was eating $100/week. Now that he is getting older and starting to eat baby food it helps.
                          I am going off the regular formula. The $30+ can at Costco. I think he was doing 2 1/2 or 3 cans a month. he is on milk now, so that is money back in our pocket.

Comment

If it makes you feel better I drive a 2008 Honda Civic and don't have my daughter daily. I have had my share of "toys" and don't need to look cool, live dangerously, or impress anyone.

Comment

Exactly! Reminds me of some of the fools I see in Oak Cliff by my job driving new Escalades and paying for stuff at the C-store with Lone Star cards after buying $50 in lotto tickets. Priorities before the toys. A Cobra is not a very fuel efficient vehicle or a cheap car to insure. Use some common sense.

Comment

Lol at this whole thread...

I gave my chick my crew cab chevy that I love so I can drive her civic.

So:

A. I save on gas, I commute and she does not.

B. Baby materials and car seat fit way easier in the back seat of my truck.

C. My truck is a tank so i feel safer with her behind the wheel of that.

I re-arranged my whole budget, lifestyle, um everything....

I still have my hobbies but have scaled wayyy back and use only the side money I make to fund them.

Good luck chief.

Comment

Working...
                                X