Looking at joining a credit union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at joining a credit union

As the title states, I am looking at joining a credit union. I am willing to switch all of my accounts over to them for ease. I am not displeased with my current financial institution, just feel like this is would be a good personal financial decision for the foreseeable future.

Anyone have suggestions on which credit union I should consider over another and why?
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Serving Dallas and Houston. We help hard-working Texans achieve their financial goals. Our members trust us to provide honest advice and the products they need: savings, checking, and loan products.

Advancial offers credit cards, checking and savings accounts, mortgages and other loans. Learn about credit union banking and how Advancial strives to be one of the best credit unions.
    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Unity One Credit Union is Fort Worth, Texas' premier community credit union. Join today and experience the benefits of being a credit union member. Open your account online.

I love my credit union. I hate banks.

CU > Bank
      class joke
      {
      private:
      char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
      double Peas, Carrots;
      string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
      };

Comment

Didn't that ginger fucktard from RKC "win" that contest with Resource 1 a couple of years ago?

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
        http://www.unityone.org/

I love my credit union. I hate banks.

CU > Bank
        It looks like Unity One is out as I do not live in Ft Worth, Keller, Watauga, etc.

For other CUs that have residency requirements, I live in McKinney and work in Dallas.

I know I can join Texans Credit Union and InTouch Credit Union based on their residency/employment requirements.

I would also like to be relatively close to a branch. If there is a branch in McKinney, Allen, Frisco, or north Plano, that would be a plus. I think Advancial's closest location to me is on Plano Pkwy, which is about 15 miles from the house.
        كافر

Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
        ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

I like USAA's setup. They also have no fees for any ATM, ever.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by JSTA2V View Post
            Didn't that ginger fucktard from RKC "win" that contest with Resource 1 a couple of years ago?
            Yes but did something and got fired. Works for Trophy Trophy Trophy Nissan
            2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Credit Union Of Texas...

cuoftexas.org
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I am very pleased with Texans CU.

Comment

Originally posted by flybye70ss View Post
                  I am very pleased with Texans CU.
                  I just joined Texans. In the long run, I picked them for convenience. They are the CU that had a branch closest to the house.
                  كافر

Comment

I use Qualtrust

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                      Credit Union Of Texas...

cuoftexas.org
                      They SUCK ASS!!!

When CU of Texas was Dallas Teachers Credit Union, I took 2 small auto loans including financing the 87 Grand National with absolutely no problems.

Since they've been CU of Texas, I financed the TTA with them and it was a horrible experience. It took 3 weeks to process the loan, they would lose my proof of insurance multiple times, and even titled the car at a former address so I never would receive registration renewals.

My mom was a DTCU member for decades and financed multiple cars, and she has had the same terrible service with CU of Texas on auto loans and other financing.

We don't do loans with them anymore

Comment

Pros and cons bank vs credit union?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                          In my experience, the primary benefit of CU over Bank is a significant difference in the interest rates applied to loans. I bought my Jeep from Denton Chrysler/Jeep/Kia and financed through them at a specific APR. Then after contacting my CU, they said give us the opportunity refinance the same principle amount through us. I did, and the difference in the CU APR reduced my monthly payment by $30

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                            Credit unions are not for profit/member owned. They are usually exempt from many taxes as well which can permit them to lend at a slightly lower rate than banks.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                              Credit unions are not for profit/member owned. They are usually exempt from many taxes as well which can permit them to lend at a slightly lower rate than banks.
                              X2
                              CU work for their members. Banks work for their investors. Search YouTube for difference CU and bank. I can't right now. Im at school.
                              class joke
                              {
                              private:
                              char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                              double Peas, Carrots;
                              string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                              };

Comment

Working...
                              X