Where to buy bees wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy bees wax?

Does anyone know where I can buy Bees wax locally. Or what would you guys recommended to clean a bass guitar with natural wood finish/

TIA

It's non yo bees wax foo.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      It's non yo bees wax foo.
      lol

Comment

i got some ear wax i'll sell you.

Comment

When you say natural finish, is it clear coated or does it just have a tung oil finish?

If it is clear coated, you can pick up a Planet Waves cleaning kit from guitar center. It's a three step system that starts with a carnauba wax that you hand buff and polish and finishes off with a lemon oil spray.

If it's tung oiled, we always used a murphy oil soap solution to clean, then finished it off with a light coat of tung oil.

Comment

Can't help ya with the bees wax, but I am wondering what kind of bass you have?

Comment

I use a true carnuba wax on my guitars. After owning dozens of them (I'm down to 11), I found this to work and protect them the best. I also use a pure lemon oil for the fretboards. It's cheap, natural, and works the best.

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
                Can't help ya with the bees wax, but I am wondering what kind of bass you have?
                This one is a 5 string Warwick Streamer. I also have a 6 string Ibanez Sr506.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                  When you say natural finish, is it clear coated or does it just have a tung oil finish?

If it is clear coated, you can pick up a Planet Waves cleaning kit from guitar center. It's a three step system that starts with a carnauba wax that you hand buff and polish and finishes off with a lemon oil spray.

If it's tung oiled, we always used a murphy oil soap solution to clean, then finished it off with a light coat of tung oil.

Neither of my bass guitars have a clear.

Comment

Originally posted by MILK View Post
                    This one is a 5 string Warwick Streamer.
                    Pro or M series?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      Pro or M series?

Pro M. Made in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post

No clear.

Comment

Warwick makes a beeswax polish. If you don't want to go with that, try a whole foods store for straight beeswax.

Comment

Originally posted by MILK View Post
                            Pro M. Made in Germany.
                            That's a pretty sweet bass, I like the way the Warwicks play...

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
                              That's a pretty sweet bass, I like the way the Warwicks play...
                              Thanks... Yea they play nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X