Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    Wells Fargo FTW
    X100 best banking experience I have had in my 41 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      I've got Compass (BBVA) and have yet to get a fee for anything (trust me, I'm watching). We also get reimbursed for every ATM transaction fee and have no minimum. We have everything set-up in a con venient online bill pay set-up.

Chase has the best iphone app, though.

In the end, fuck 'em all.
      I use Compass also. Quite pleased with them

Comment

Usaa.

Comment

Wells Fargo FTW
          Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
          X100 best banking experience I have had in my 41 years.
          I won't do business with them again.

When I paid my car off last week via their website, they somehow "lost" the payment, but the transaction cleared my other account.

I have friend in Flint, MI whose dad paid off his truck in December with a cashiers check. He received a letter saying they received the check, then a week later, received another letter saying the "lost" the check and he would have to repay the amount.

I know the auto finance department is not the same as checking, but I had a checking account with them several years ago and left because I wasn't happy. I don't remember exactly what the issue was anymore, but after the loan issue, I'm done.
          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
          Originally posted by Trick Pony
          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

I understand that... that's how I feel about BofA

A lot of people love them. But I was with Nations for years with zero issues... When BofA took them over, EVERY TIME I went to the bank there was some sort of issue.

I went to Wells Fargo about 10yrs ago, and I've been happy since.

Their financial/lending dept is very different from the regular banking side. My limited dealings with WF Financial and everything I've heard about them makes me not want to ever deal with them.

We had a small loan through them a while back (it was in-house 0% at a business we purchased from) and had zero issues, but I've talked with enough WF BANK employees about WF Financial to be leery

Originally posted by JSTA2V View Post
            I won't do business with them again.

When I paid my car off last week via their website, they somehow "lost" the payment, but the transaction cleared my other account.

I have friend in Flint, MI whose dad paid off his truck in December with a cashiers check. He received a letter saying they received the check, then a week later, received another letter saying the "lost" the check and he would have to repay the amount.

I know the auto finance department is not the same as checking, but I had a checking account with them several years ago and left because I wasn't happy. I don't remember exactly what the issue was anymore, but after the loan issue, I'm done.
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Ive been with Chase for ~10 years, and I've always had a Student account, meaning no fees for anything except money orders, etc. Then I moved to Chicago 2+ years ago. I had to cancel my Texas account and get an Illinois account because my pay checks were taking longer to get deposited for some reason, even though it was direct deposit it would take until three business days after pay day to have the deposited funds available. They said everything was exactly the same, and that I would still have no fees and blah blah blah. Meanwhile I've been fighting to get my $10 monthly account service fee refunded because the assholes at the Chicago Chase branch didn't tell me there would be any fees. Now I've moved back to Texas and I'm going to have to switch again, which means cancelling my current account AGAIN and re-signing up under the newest terms and conditions, meaning I'm going to get fucked even harder. So I'm switching to BofA because the wife has them and they haven't charged us anything ever.

Banks seem to be hit or miss anymore as far as customer service goes. Some people like some things and hate other, and another person might like the things another hates and hate the things another likes.

Comment

I personally do not care for chase.

Working in the mortgage industry, I have seeen that most all investors use wells fargo. So I switched to Wells about 6 months ago. I love them, they have auto bill pay, all types of alerts, you can text a number and they reply your balance, and now they have an android app, but that doesnt say much, lol, who doesnt have an app these days.
                sigpic

Comment

Credit Unions FTW
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I have the old premier account with Chase so I get free MO and Bank Checks so if I ever do send a money this way I just go get it from them. I haven't had a book of checks in about 5 years. I don't like things around that have my account info on them, and I don't have a gun safe yet to store stuff like it.

I don't understand the free ATM issue. Most of the time you pretty much know when you are going to need cash and I'd bet Chase has more ATM's out there then most of the banks. Now emergency funds from an ATM I can understand desiring the Free ATM stuff but other than that plan ahead.

Comment

The only time I've ever written a check was at Enterprise City...

In this day and age, I enjoy the points and protection of a credit card and/or online bill pay.

I walk around with at least a few grand on me at all times, so the ATM isn't really an issue, but like you said, not hard to find a branch ATM somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by HerBlownSnake View Post
                        but that doesnt say much, lol, who doesnt have an app these days.
                        Yeah, who doesn't?
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          Fuck a coffee can... rubber band banks in my pockets

Thug Life!
                          This ^^^^ after I got all my bank accounts cleaned out by god knows who...I went back to my old school method...money under the mattress!
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Our family’s been in bankin’ since 1927, way before this here Interweb took over the bayou. We started Redneck Bank? to give folks the best darn deal online — with higher interest, lower fees and a whole lot more fun.

I opened an account there just 'cause it was a trip. Never actually used it but have the debit card in my wallet with the horse on it.....

Comment

The only time I've ever written a check was at Enterprise City...
                              Snack shop manager, checking in.

DON'T WALK ON THE "GRASS".

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                Snack shop manager, checking in.

DON'T WALK ON THE "GRASS".
                                I knew you'd find that post

true though... I've never written a check IRL

Comment

Working...
                                X