Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E. Texas middle schooler dies of H1N1 complications

Oh joy, more swine flu in our area...

Shreveport, LA(KSLA)- An E. Texas boy from Harrison County died Tuesday evening after he developed complications from the H1N1 virus also known as the Swine Flu.

Family and friends tell KSLA News 12 the boy seemed fine just a few days before they had to take him LSU Health Science Center in Shreveport for treatment.

Twelve-year-old Trenton Lindsey, was a student at Elysian Fields Middle School where he also played basketball.

School officials say that Wednesday has been a very difficult day for their students and staff.

State Health officials say the boy actually died from pneumonia, but it was a complication from the H1N1 Virus.

"A lot of people are very concerned, and we wanted to use this sad situation to tell people that the flu is still very active right now. We're at very high activity," says Martha Whyte from the Office Of Public Health.

Health officials say both seasonal and H1N1 flu are prevalent in the area, so they encourage anyone who has not had a vaccination to get one.

A Facebook page has already been set up in Trenton's honor. You could leave your condolences by going to: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/RI...05780449435962

Funeral services have been set for young Trenton and will be held Saturday at 3:30 pm at Crossroads Baptist Church on Hwy. 31 between Marshall and Elysian Fields.
    Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

YaY! My duagter got it 2yrs ago. We quarantined her in her room and used a can of Lysol and 2 bottles of foam hand sanitizer in 4 days. Thankfully, no one else in the house caught it.

Poor thing, she was 100% miserable and I hated to stick her in her room that long but it paid off.

Comment

I thought it was new, but I was watching Sanford & Son and Fred mentioned he needed to get his swine flu shot and I was like

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        I thought it was new, but I was watching Sanford & Son and Fred mentioned he needed to get his swine flu shot and I was like
        Swine=aunt esther

Comment

Originally posted by 78x View Post
          swine=aunt esther
          lol

Comment

Working...
          X