Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting to fill up till next wed.

Comment

My laziness cost me a little cash today. When I was on my way home from work yesterday my local Racetrack was still at $3.08, and was still that way when we came home from Back 9 at around 10:00pm. This morning when I stopped to fill up is was up to $3.19. Eleven cents is not a huge cost difference but with a 30 gallon tank I was a little annoyed with myself. Cost me an extra $3.

Comment

I got hit for 3.08 Wednesday night, checked yesterday when leaving work it was 3.21. I wonder what it will be when I go by today.

Comment

The thing that bothers me most is when the pumps cut off at $75.Right now that puts my truck just under full(probably room for another gallon). Not worth the re-swipe to get a few drops.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
            The thing that bothers me most is when the pumps cut off at $75.Right now that puts my truck just under full(probably room for another gallon). Not worth the re-swipe to get a few drops.
            That happened to me today.. So i restarted it and it only took one more gallon. But I wanted it full because I am testing Fuel Economy.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              Is this something new.. i noticed it a few weeks ago when filling up my truck. Back in 2008 i remember having 80-90 fill ups all the time and had a few $100 fill ups without the pump cutting off.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                Is this something new.. i noticed it a few weeks ago when filling up my truck. Back in 2008 i remember having 80-90 fill ups all the time and had a few $100 fill ups without the pump cutting off.
                Most places I noticed started doing that when prices got high a few years ago. We used to see it pretty regularly when we got the Armada back in 06. I also encountered it a number of times when I was driving the F350 with the 7.3.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  I've run into this several times. A lot of times its the actual credit card company that has put the limit I think. My fleet fuel card as a limit of $999 per fill up and I've only found 1 or 2 stations where the actual station puts the limit and it cuts me off.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    I've run into this several times. A lot of times its the actual credit card company that has put the limit I think.
                    Yes this is most likely it. My debit card cuts off at $75 but if I use my Diamond Shamrock card I can go to whatever. Although I have simply re-swiped my debit card and started over to continue filling before.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                      It's been the same way for decades, and people keep crying for help. When it really matters, though, and bills come up in state and federal courts that will allow/increase local home-land drilling, the same assholes asking for government intervention shoot it down.
                      The truth!

Comment

Any instability in the Middle East/North Africa will cause the oil futures to go thru the roof. There are a lot of folks getting rich off these scare tactics. There are folks right here in the good old USA that love this, they make millions on the instability in the Middle East.

If Gahdafi goes away it will not make any difference, that's the funny part.

I just wished I had the money to invest mtself!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          I've run into this several times. A lot of times its the actual credit card company that has put the limit I think. My fleet fuel card as a limit of $999 per fill up and I've only found 1 or 2 stations where the actual station puts the limit and it cuts me off.
                          This is about right. At QT u can get one of there pumpstart cards. All it does is turn on the pump. U can fill up ur vehicle or until it hits $200.00 then go inside and pay. Makes it easier so u don't have to get swiping ur card at the pump. The card costs nothing
                          99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                          going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Working...
                          X