No announcement yet.

running wires through walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex bits, security bits, and felxible nylon wire snakes or glow rods will get you through 99% of these spots. Only had a few where we finally broke out the sheet rock knife and went to town. sad part was; most of them were on almost complete multi million dollar homes.

Comment

thanks robert! now that i think, hell i will drop the wires from the attic to the gameroom via the one small 1x1 section of wall that connects, then pull the wires out into the game room, run them to the spot above the TV down stairs, cut a hole, and drop the wires down. i hope!

i think the house was built in 97.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I always slid a piece of coax stinger through the cieling to let give me a landmark in the attic, sometimes it's hard to locate the wall in the attic. If the wall isn't insulated it's relatively easy to drill a hole in the top plate and bring your cables down. I generally like to use a cut in bracket as well so i can get my hand in the wall if i need to.
        It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Almost certainly new enough to have that 'firewall'.

Paul, you're a baller. Pay Rustypnus to do it!
          Code requires fireblocking for every 10' vertical minimum. If the walls aren't over 10', then they probably don't have fireblocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
            a flashlight, a drill, sheetrock saw and maybe some fishtape.
            ^This. Fish Tape makes the process fairly easy to drop Cat5 or Speaker wire. Now is the best time to do it while it's still cool outside. Climbing around in a 140 degree attic in the summer time is no fun. If you're going to do it, don't put it off too long.

Comment

Had a friend that used peyote, said when he was wired he could run through walls. I'll give him your number.

Comment

I can't wait to see the back lighting for your doll display case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                  I can't wait to see the back lighting for your doll display case.
                  /thread

Comment

bastards!!!

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      Its a big attic, we could lose jr. and then we would have the mrs. fucking up our party.
                      Let me come over with Grove Rat, that messican will do just about anything for a free beer...
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      lol, actually in addition to Grove Rat, I'm bringing Rafa too, while GR is running wire, Rafa will be smoking the ribs...
                      free beer AND ribs?! consider that shit done

Comment

Working...
                      X