No announcement yet.

running wires through walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the easiest way is to drill a 1 1/4" hole (get a paddle bit from hd/lowes) in the top plate and use your measuring tape to push down the wall to the hole that you've cut below. tie/tape the wire to the measuring tape and pull it up through the hole. then, if you want, seal up the hole with some "great stuff" or insulation...easy as pie.

Comment

Its all fun and games til you see a mouse or racoon and you jump like a little girl and come crashing through the ceiling.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
        i ahve some wires in my attic i need to drop down through the wall. Whats the easiest way to do this?

God bless.
        not it!!

:d
        2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Its all fun and games til you see a mouse or racoon and you jump like a little girl and come crashing through the ceiling.
          Or a big ass spider, fuck spiders!
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Get that jigga Q up in the attic!

Comment

haha. it is an interior wall, but the wall stops short of the ceiling as the gameroom is open to the rest of the house. i will have to climb back up there and see how the other wires are ran.

and Q was up there last weekend helping me run the first of the wires!

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

you just let me know if you need someone to run to the beer store for you while you guys do the work!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  you just let me know if you need someone to run to the beer store for you while you guys do the work!
                  Holt-up, theres going to be beer, shiiiiiiiiiit, thats all you had to say negro, ill be there with a couple of vatos that will be swimming in that insulation for a hot Lone Star...
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i'd just put one of those kid leashes on Junior and let him loose in the attic, what's the worst that could happen?

Tell him, "you and daddy are gonna play Spiderman, there's an evil villian in the wall, and Daddy needs you to drop a web down the wall to save him"

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      i'd just put one of those kid leashes on Junior and let him loose in the attic, what's the worst that could happen?
                      Its a big attic, we could lose jr. and then we would have the mrs. fucking up our party.
                      Let me come over with Grove Rat, that messican will do just about anything for a free beer...

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        haha. it is an interior wall, but the wall stops short of the ceiling as the gameroom is open to the rest of the house. i will have to climb back up there and see how the other wires are ran.

and Q was up there last weekend helping me run the first of the wires!

god bless.
                        You will have to remove the sheetrock in order to do this, then. Then use the paddle bit to drill every stud in order to get to the area youwish to have a box. Push the wire. install the box. Then put up new sheetrock, tape and bed, sand, paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                          You will have to remove the sheetrock in order to do this, then. Then use the paddle bit to drill every stud in order to get to the area youwish to have a box. Push the wire. install the box. Then put up new sheetrock, tape and bed, sand, paint.
                          Lmfao! You've never met Paul, have you? He's too pretty for all that shit.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                            yeah all paul heard was... blah blah, hire someone and give them the old lady's credit card number... blah, blah, blah

Comment

That sounds like a lot of shit I wouldn't do.

Comment

lol, actually in addition to Grove Rat, I'm bringing Rafa too, while GR is running wire, Rafa will be smoking the ribs...

Comment

Working...
                                X