any Nook color owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any Nook color owners?

Thinking about getting the wife one for her bday. She will be using it mainly for magazine subscriptions and surfing the web. Anybody have any experience with it? Kinda wondering how the web experience is on it with wifi, will it be anywhere as quick as surfing on a laptop?
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Originally posted by spederman View Post
    Thinking about getting the wife one for her bday. She will be using it mainly for magazine subscriptions and surfing the web. Anybody have any experience with it? Kinda wondering how the web experience is on it with wifi, will it be anywhere as quick as surfing on a laptop?
    I have the regular nook and it's not even worth trying on mine. I use it for reading books only. But I don't know about the color. I would imagine they have ones you can play with at B&N..

For magazines and web surfing you are probably better off with the iPad.

Comment

the nook color runs on the android platform. You can also root it and have a full functioning android tablet, then install the b&n app

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        the nook color runs on the android platform. You can also root it and have a full functioning android tablet, then install the b&n app
        Oh wow, disregard my previous post then.

Comment

I bought one for my gf and she loves it. Granted she actually reads books on it. If all she is doing is magazines and web...there is absolutely no reason to buy an iPad IMO. And as has been mentioned...it's an android platform.

Comment

My wife can't read.

So I went with the Ipad

Comment

This sounds interesting. My wife does need a new way to look up recipes.

Comment

KOZMO bought his girlfriend one and rooted it I think. Not a bad little device for the price.

Comment

I love my nook. I rooted mine so i can teather it to my phone if I want a new book in a non wifi area. Also I can use the market and browser any ware.
                  Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I bought the wife one for christmas. SHE LOVES IT. She gets online with it as well as reads.

How do you root it?

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Mine isn't rooted but the browser works fine, basically the same as whats on my droid phone. I use the phone for surfing anyways so that's not what I bought it for. It'll fit in my back pocket, will hold enough reading material for a 6+ months and magazine subscriptions are usually $1 a month. Also plays mp3s.

Download calibre, it'll convert just about any ebook to the epub format. A whole lot better than reading pdfs.

Comment

I'm thinking if getting one too. I have a big giftcard for barnes and noble. Rooting is easy. The new honeycomb platform is looking awesome. Few more tweaks and it will be great. Amazing what a bunch of computer nerds can do with their time

Comment

I am using mine to post this. I love mine, its quick online. I guess I need to root it though.

Comment

sweet, i guess i'll be running up to B&N and getting her one. I definitely like the idea of rooting it and being able to tether it to her droid phone.
                            2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

I've been thinking of buying one ever since I came across this article. Unfortunately, the funds aren't in my favor. Here's the link

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/hin...e_skin;content

Comment

Working...
                              X