Electricity fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity fire?

So on my way to work this morning I saw some sort of electrical fire up on a transformer. On 35 South right before Royal lane on the west side there is a little power station or something there and there was this ball of electricity or something that looked like it was on fire? Kind of a white or blueish flame and it was sparking all over the damn place, anybody else see this on the way to work this morning?
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

What you were seeing was live plasma. The line voltage going into that station is 280,000 or 320,000 volts and once an arc gets struck it will conduct electricity about as well as the wire that was turned into vapor. Plasma is incredibly hot and it will get even hotter as the gap gets larger.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Well that shit was awesome looking.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I've seen some stuff blow up, but nothing like that. It's always a bad feeling when you kick the fuses in on a bank and you hear those transformers start boiling. When I was about 12 I saw a 200A disconnect blowup and roll out a giant ball of fire, it was awesome and taught me to never stand in front of anything when you turn it on lol.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
          X