Chiropractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
    So would you let someone with a PhD in History address your medical issues? They are real doctors too.
    Did you know MDs receive jack shit for nutritional training in med school? Don't you see a problem with that? MDs aren't the end all, be all. Fact of the matter is, just like with chiros, there are quacks, and there are few that are actually good at their jobs.

I'm all about finding a holistic way to approach things before resorting to prescribed drugs that some Dr is getting kickbacks on, that likely does more harm than it does good.

Dr. David Lee @ Orion Health in Dallas is absolutely fantastic. Just give someone like him a try, before you go placing the label on all of them.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

All I know is that I saw a chiro once and he told me I needed a backiotomy. Never went back and my back feels fine. He slept with my momma
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
        All I know is that I saw a chiro once and he told me I needed a backiotomy. Never went back and my back feels fine. He slept with my momma
        Is that what a backiotomy is?

Comment

Numerous family and friends use them, but I think talisman probably hit on something. If you don't go once a week you won't maintain the good feeling from them.

I've never personally been though. When I feel jacked, a good stretch, some time at a gym and the hot tub make everything okay. Of course, I don't have bones/muscles/and so forth knocked out of place either.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Did you know MDs receive jack shit for nutritional training in med school? Don't you see a problem with that? MDs aren't the end all, be all. Fact of the matter is, just like with chiros, there are quacks, and there are few that are actually good at their jobs.

I'm all about finding a holistic way to approach things before resorting to prescribed drugs that some Dr is getting kickbacks on, that likely does more harm than it does good.

Dr. David Lee @ Orion Health in Dallas is absolutely fantastic. Just give someone like him a try, before you go placing the label on all of them.
            I'm not saying MD's are gods or all DC's are quacks. I was just saying "They are most definitely real doctors" doesn't mean anything. A PhD is a real doctor. A DDS is a real doctor.

Comment

I used one a few years ago because I had a pinch on my right side, just above the inside of my hip. It hurt like a son of a bitch, and my range of motion was very limited. I went about 10 times over a month and a half, and felt good as new. I never had to go back.

Comment

I'm not saying MD's are gods or all DC's are quacks. I was just saying "They are most definitely real doctors" doesn't mean anything. A PhD is a real doctor. A DDS is a real doctor.
                I like you, dude, but your argument is still a straw man. Brent wins.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Education Hours, MD vs DC

Last edited by STRONGNUFF; 02-24-2011, 12:50 PM.
                  2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                  Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                  Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                  Speedlogix Catch Can
                  Resonator Delete

Comment

I went to one about 4 years ago when I pulled my back.

I got on the roller bed thing, that was pretty cool.

However it did seem like a big racket. They were trying to get me back in the door a week later for things that could have been done then, everything that was involved in the "plan" of making my back feel better involved many visits.

Then they billed me for things they didn't even do.

It was a bad experience, however I do think a proper Chiropractor can very effectively treat a certain amount of things, but not as much as advertised.
                    WRX

Comment

So would you let someone with a PhD in History address your medical issues? They are real doctors too.
                      No but I would talk to them if I had a History question. I think you know it has to do with what someone has specialized. Just like you would not take your transmission to get rebuilt by someone that rebuilds starters and alternators. They both recondition items found on cars but each of them has taken the time to learn and hone their skills to one particular part of the vehicle.

Comment

I went to one while I was in Paramedic school. It helped alleviate some issues I was having, but the effect was temporary. Adjustments need to be on a regular basis usually, which is where they get you money wise. That's the downside, IMO. Some people swear by them and some people think it's BS. It all depends on the underlying condition as to how effective Chiropractic treatment will be for each individual. I would consult and M.D. first and maybe get some image studies done before going to a Chiropractor. And any competent Chiropractor will not do any adjustments on a new patient without first seeing an x-ray.

Comment

Working...
                        X