What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

My mom bought a fridge from lowes last november was delivered dec 1st crapped out december 12th.

She was told that she had 90 day exchange for any reason even confirmed it with a supervisor.

Went thru whirlpool warranty and guy came and told me the fridge was built in APRIL 09

it needs a compressor and evaporator that's on backorder till march 1st.

Well lowes thinks i should call em first instead of whirlpool i did and must say wow guy comes in at 540 on a 8-5 service call and has not called ahead at all.

So what should i do I have been in contact with the manager at lowes but they are like we will see what this guy says. HE doesn't even work for lowes its a subcontractor.

Quickie: Mom buys fridge 11/10 build date is 04/09 compressor +evaporator go out 02/11 what would you do?

#1 I would find some punctuation.
    #2 If a tech has something in the works but has a back order, call Whirlpool and explain to them that you have been informed of an extended backorder. You should have model#, serial#, part# and the ETA on hand for this call.

Whirlpool should be able to verify the backorder and either expedite the part or look into replacement.

The date of manufacture shouldn't make any difference as long as you can provide proper proof of purchase.

That being said, if the tech doesn't seem competent enough to complete the repair and Lowe's will resolve it quicker, go that route. But be sure to let the tech know that the store has resolved the problem.

Comment

Well he definitely got his opinion, didn't he?
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I know that with cars that warranty dates don't start until date of purchase. I can only assume something like a fridge would be the same. I mean, how many fridges sell within a week or two of arriving at the store? I'd look up the warranty guidelines for the fridge. Sounds like they're trying to fuck over your mom.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

it is under warranty. Will be covered but i'm out of a fridge for over a month with a whole fridge of expired food and noone wants to take the blame.

Comment

I'd go to Lowes and bitch until they replace it.

Comment

I went their and noone even asked me for help opened fridge doors in the appliance section for 30 mins found some interesting things though

most fridges are from 2010

found 2 from late 2009

and my favorite a 02/2008 fridge still being sold as new.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                I went their and noone even asked me for help opened fridge doors in the appliance section for 30 mins found some interesting things though

most fridges are from 2010

found 2 from late 2009

and my favorite a 02/2008 fridge still being sold as new.
                Nobody gives a fuck, go and talk to someone.

Comment

Reading your posts gives me a headache.

Comment

it is under warranty. Will be covered but i'm out of a fridge for over a month with a whole fridge of expired food and noone wants to take the blame.
                    Get it replaced under warranty. The warranty probably has verbiage to not cover the food inside. "Eat" the cost of the food (pun intended) and get the fridge replaced IMO...

Comment

Hey I had a problem with my car, the part is backordered....so I went and opened a buncha car doors at the local car dealership! You wouldn't believe when these cars were made! <----what you sound like

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                        Hey I had a problem with my car, the part is backordered....so I went and opened a buncha car doors at the local car dealership! You wouldn't believe when these cars were made! <----what you sound like
                        see if you find one build 2 years ago sold as new

Comment

take that pos back to lowes and demand a replacement!!! They can and will return it. i work at the lowes in denton, and sunday, a guy comes in and buys a kobalt work bench, im the assembler so i put it together, and he picks it up yesterday. The dumbass diddent strap it down in his truck and it fell out as he is pulling out of the parking lot. It had nothing to do with us, but our stupid ass mrg returned it for him and now we have to eat a $250 work bench that is beat to crap!! So yes make them give you another.. Did you happen to buy the extended protection plan with the purchase? If not your screwed on the food part, but if so , they will replace up to i think like 150 worth of bad food...

Comment

see if you find one build 2 years ago sold as new
                            Happens all the time, especially with collector cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                              take that pos back to lowes and demand a replacement!!! They can and will return it. i work at the lowes in denton, and sunday, a guy comes in and buys a kobalt work bench, im the assembler so i put it together, and he picks it up yesterday. The dumbass diddent strap it down in his truck and it fell out as he is pulling out of the parking lot. It had nothing to do with us, but our stupid ass mrg returned it for him and now we have to eat a $250 work bench that is beat to crap!! So yes make them give you another.. Did you happen to buy the extended protection plan with the purchase? If not your screwed on the food part, but if so , they will replace up to i think like 150 worth of bad food...
                              no extended warranty that i know of i'll see if i can get ahold of the actual store manager tommorow. The store is in burleson btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X