Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DPS withholds information that officers knew toddler was in the car during chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPS withholds information that officers knew toddler was in the car during chase

In my opinion, the problem isnt really that they tried to take out the perp , but that the fucking DPS lied about knowing that a toddler was in the car, and are trying to hide the recording of the radio traffic.

I really see a problem with DPS trying to cover up the mistake. I think there should be some consequences for it, thats for sure.

Ftp!

Comment

I saw at least 15 troopers on I20 today between terrell, and tyler and back, all had people and trucks pulled over. All I could think of is that they were trying to generate some dough for that fat ass lawsuit coming up.
      Slow moving projects
      1964 C10 350/700r4
      1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Bust a cap in Capp's ass!

Comment

That's kind of fucked up. In a situation like this, I don't think they should call off the chase and some lowlife run free all because he had a kid in the car. Because then every thug mother fucker is going to run around with one of their 19 kids in the car, just so they can run and get away.

However, I can see where they'd be held liable. I think the biggest part is trying to cover it up. Look at the groupings. Was the guy placing himself in front of/behind the kid? Looks like they were trying to hit the gas tank.....
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            That's kind of fucked up. In a situation like this, I don't think they should call off the chase and some lowlife run free all because he had a kid in the car. Because then every thug mother fucker is going to run around with one of their 19 kids in the car, just so they can run and get away.

However, I can see where they'd be held liable. I think the biggest part is trying to cover it up. Look at the groupings. Was the guy placing himself in front of/behind the kid? Looks like they were trying to hit the gas tank.....

I agree completely.

And it was very odd to see where the bullet holes are grouped...

Comment

Im not up to speed on on the details of this story, but was it a felony chase ? I thought I heard it was for traffic warrants.
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
              11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                Im not up to speed on on the details of this story, but was it a felony chase ? I thought I heard it was for traffic warrants.

all of the felony charges listed at the bottom of the article appear to be a result of the chase. Other than maybe the amount of drugs he is going to be charged for.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  I agree completely.

And it was very odd to see where the bullet holes are grouped...
                  Are those groupings or the result of buckshot????

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Are those groupings or the result of buckshot????
                    News strongly indicates they are individual shots/bullets. Sooo....there ya go. If the news says it...
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      News strongly indicates they are individual shots/bullets. Sooo....there ya go. If the news says it...

Comment

Obviously the perp didn't care about putting his kids life in danger (or the general public's) by running from the police - why should I? Fuck him and his burden to society of a kid.

Comment

My favorite part is how they are going to charge the dirtbag with endangering a child, meanwhile denying all responsibility they may have to keep that child safe while doing their jobs. The bottom line is, is the job they do about "keeping people safe" or is it about playing cowboy and waiting for an excuse to shoot holes in anything they can because "ZOMG, he tried to run me over!". If the job is truly about keeping innocent people safe then they failed miserably.

At the end of the day, I am not suprised, this is big state government we are talking about here. If they will lie about this, just imagine what else they would have no problem covering up.

Every DPS officer I have ever dealt with has been professional and even forgiving. I'd fucking quit if my employer tried shit like this.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

The only thing I question is whether or not he really tried to run anyone over. I have seen too many cops episodes, most dangerous police chases, etc. where they all start shouting "he tried to hit me" when they come within 10 feet of a cop. Usually it's when they swerve to get around stop sticks. In many of those cases the criminal could easily have hit themn had he tried, so he obviously wasn't trying, he was just trying to get away.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
                              the only thing i question is whether or not he really tried to run anyone over. I have seen too many cops episodes, most dangerous police chases, etc. Where they all start shouting "he tried to hit me" when they come within 10 feet of a cop. Usually it's when they swerve to get around stop sticks. In many of those cases the criminal could easily have hit themn had he tried, so he obviously wasn't trying, he was just trying to get away.
                              sympathizer!

Comment

Working...
                              X