Anyone have a Ranger trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Ranger trans?

Long story short picked up a ranger for a 5.0 build, but wanted to use it to teach my daughter to drive stick while it still has the 4banger in it. Thought the clutch was out but after pulling it apart the trans is smoked. Does anyone have a spare 80's ranger 5speed taking up space? I don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that will come back out in a few months.

let me know what ya got.
    Attached Files

What trans are you running after the V8 swap?

Comment

Is it a M5OD?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        What trans are you running after the V8 swap?
        t5

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          Is it a M5OD?
          It's whatever this garage is.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              t5
              You sure about that? You may want to take a tape measure to things before you get too deep into it.

I did an XR engine into an 84 ranger about 23 years ago and getting the t5 to work was a nightmare. I had to use parts from a GM t5 to get the shifter anywhere close to where it needed to be. In the end I swapped to a Mazda 5 speed like the ones used in a TII rx-7.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                You sure about that? You may want to take a tape measure to things before you get too deep into it.

I did an XR engine into an 84 ranger about 23 years ago and getting the t5 to work was a nightmare. I had to use parts from a GM t5 to get the shifter anywhere close to where it needed to be. In the end I swapped to a Mazda 5 speed like the ones used in a TII rx-7.
                I've got a mustang t5 in my other ranger, I like where it relocates the shifter to.

Comment

Yup
                  Yup you've got one, or yup that's what it is?

Comment

Yup that’s what it is and yup I threw one away last year. What are you looking to spend? Wrecking yard wants 150$ plus tax.

Comment

Yup that’s what it is and yup I threw one away last year. What are you looking to spend? Wrecking yard wants 150$ plus tax.
                      I'd like to get out under $100 if possible. I guess I just have to be patient.

Comment

Working...
                      X