Salvage yards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage yards??

Does anyone have a recommendation on a salvage yard for late model parts? Specifically 2015-2017 f150 parts? I've called a bunch of places and can't seem to find much on the late model end..

Due to the newness of the model year and comparative lack of numbers on the road, it's going to be a bit before you see a fair number of them hit the junk\salvage yards.

All I can suggest is to keep an eye on craigslist and jump on it when you see one. (Cause it will be stripped fast)

Comment

B&B in OKC has a bunch of new take off parts. Late Model in Fort Worth has 3 trucks right now, all hit in the front. There are hundreds of them sitting in storage yards waiting to run through auctions right now as flood cars as well.

Comment

Al's Truck Parts in Nevada, TX is a truck-specific salvage yard. I don't remember them having a lot of newer trucks, but then again, I wasn't looking. Worth a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
          Al's Truck Parts in Nevada, TX is a truck-specific salvage yard. I don't remember them having a lot of newer trucks, but then again, I wasn't looking. Worth a call.
          I've bought from them in the past, they usually have decent stuff.

OP, check Meyers in Canton, they have some newer stuff.

Comment

Yeah I've found a decent amount of parts on eBay, nothing on Craigslist. Was hoping to find something local or within a reasonable distance so I can ensure I get all the bits and pieces I need. I'll check these places out.

Comment

EBay has tons of new model yards posting stuff constantly. I can get a full LCD gauge cluster for my 13 300c cheaper than a basic one for my 98 camaro

Comment

Car-part.com is a search engine that has all the major yards inventory accessible for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  Car-part.com is a search engine that has all the major yards inventory accessible for ya.
                  Most but not all and even then they only show what parts the yards want available for retail customers. It is a great tool though.

Comment

Just go to a pre-owned lot and test drive a truck that has the parts you need and take them off and hide them somewhere...then go pick them up later. Won't even have to leave the metroplex.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      Just go to a pre-owned lot and test drive a truck that has the parts you need and take them off and hide them somewhere...then go pick them up later. Won't even have to leave the metroplex.
                      svo did this with rental cars back in the 80s

Comment

He was the first person to 5.0 swap a 4cylinder car. He did it for a case of beer in a parking lot with the help of 2 magical mexicans

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                          I know some guys that did this back when the 4th gen Camaros were really popular. I'm amazed at how much they got away with and as far as I know only one of them was in jail more than over night. Especially considering one of them was arrested in NYC after flying back from the middle east.

Comment

Green leaf and A1 on Lamar.
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                            X