Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried Rice - How long until it goes bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    Sounds Cereus.
    Bravo!

and Mike... dude.. it's 5 day old fried rice.. that belongs to someone else.

Do you need a few bucks? I wouldn't touch that shit long enough to throw it away.

Comment

Just for the record, I cook all my food on Sunday and eat it well into Saturday of the same week. I keep it refridgerated, and it's fine.

You guys act like 5 days is too long to be kept cold after cooking. The shrimp I'd be more worried about than the rice, and the fact that it's probably not in a sealed container, a styrafoam or cardboard container is not exactly "protecting" the food from airborn bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        Just for the record, I cook all my food on Sunday and eat it well into Saturday of the same week. I keep it refridgerated, and it's fine.

You guys act like 5 days is too long to be kept cold after cooking. The shrimp I'd be more worried about than the rice, and the fact that it's probably not in a sealed container, a styrafoam or cardboard container is not exactly "protecting" the food from airborn bacteria.
        I'm almost entirely against leftovers. Red meat, chicken, and pot roast are about the only exception.
        There's not many things I've left in my fridge and come back to 5 days later thinking "oh this looks good!"

Comment

Had pizza on a Friday for lunch. Sat out from then till Monday morning. Heated it up and ate with tabasco. Win.
          WRX

Comment

Man Mike, don't listen to these fools, eat that shit up brah...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
              I'm almost entirely against leftovers. Red meat, chicken, and pot roast are about the only exception.
              There's not many things I've left in my fridge and come back to 5 days later thinking "oh this looks good!"
              I cook it then seperate it all into individual containers, so my fridge is just 14 containers on Sunday night, i eat two a day from them

Comment

The shrimp is almost certainly bad. You don't know how long it had Been out prio to you receiving it, either.

Cooking something at home, then eating five days later is one thing. Eating some takeout or restaurant leftovers, five days later, is something entirely different. That shrimp could have been 3 days old when you first got it. That rice likely was a day or three old when you got it.

A lot of people still think that your food is cooked then and there when you order. That's no the case 75% of the time. Its your choice, but I'd tell Steve to chomp away if that tells you anything.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Ask Bcoop
                  Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  The shrimp is almost certainly bad. You don't know how long it had Been out prio to you receiving it, either.

Cooking something at home, then eating five days later is one thing. Eating some takeout or restaurant leftovers, five days later, is something entirely different. That shrimp could have been 3 days old when you first got it. That rice likely was a day or three old when you got it.

A lot of people still think that your food is cooked then and there when you order. That's no the case 75% of the time. Its your choice, but I'd tell Steve to chomp away if that tells you anything.
                  Fucking took ya long enough

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    What's a visit to the ER run these days? Anyone?
                    The last time I went it was about $400 ($100 copay) and that was with no treatment, just to verify I wasn't going to die and for a hydracodone prescription. Since my insurance covered 80% they were probably billed $1500.

Comment

Made me think of this site. http://www.thesneeze.com/steve-dont-eat-it/

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Fucking took ya long enough
                        Yeah, motherfucker. I was starving waiting for your ass but luckily I found an old poptart halfway wrapped under my filing cabinet to get me through the day.
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                        X