Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried Rice - How long until it goes bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried Rice - How long until it goes bad?

So my manager has been on vacation for the past few days but before leaving, she left her to-go box of rice in the fridge here at work. It has been in there since Wednesday. Is it alright to eat it if its been in there for 5 days? It has some shrimp in it also which may not be good but the rice is what I am worried about...

Please advise.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

I would not eat. Maybe if it was just the rice, but with the shrimps in it, it's a no-go.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Just put the box on the table with a sign that says "Free Food", see who calls in sick tomorrow

Comment

As long as its been in the fridge, it should be OK.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I usually won't eat leftovers once it has exceeded the 4 day mark. But that rule is purely non-scientific.

Comment

At worst it'll kill you, at best you'll get a little sick. I say go for it, it's not often you get a free lunch.

Comment

When in doubt throw that shit out.

I don't play with food. If I am worried about it, I am damn sure not gonna eat it.

Comment

Ask Bcoop

Comment

Most cooked food isn't going to go bad in the fridge for at least a week. The shrimp may not taste all that fresh but it's not going to kill you. If the to-go box isn't airtight then the rice is going to be dry as shit though.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Have you ever had food poison? You will never chance that shit again.... Rice is the worst thing you can eat after is has been cooked and sat in the fridge for a couple days.

"Bacillus cereus: Causes mild illness with rapid onset of vomiting, with or without diarrhea and abdominal cramping. It is associated with rice (mainly fried rice) and other starchy foods such as pasta or potatoes."

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                      Have you ever had food poison? You will never chance that shit again.... Rice is the worst thing you can eat after is has been cooked and sat in the fridge for a couple days.

"Bacillus cereus: Causes mild illness with rapid onset of vomiting, with or without diarrhea and abdominal cramping. It is associated with rice (mainly fried rice) and other starchy foods such as pasta or potatoes."
                      I eat everything and have food poison once or twice. I am known for eating cold pizza that is 4-5 days old.
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

If it is crawling, it aint rice any more.

Comment

I'd say about 3 days before the Rice starts getting hard and sharp.
                          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                          Your opinion is what sucks.
                          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I barely eat Chinese when it's hot on the plate...

Comment

if nothing is growing on it, or it doesn't smell bad, then it's probably good.

Trust your eyes, nose, and tastebuds.

If it's bad, you'll know

Comment

Working...
                              X