Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ecoboost f150 -What exhaust are u running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecoboost f150 -What exhaust are u running?

I cant get the search to work on my cell. I know pretty much nothing will sound good. But i hear stock is real restrictive. So this is soley for performance

My main thing is I want it quiet in the cab.
    Suggestions?

I run a heart throb and it sounds decent for a 6 cylinder. If I had it to do over again I would keep the stock exhaust and just go with a downpipe. You're going to need a tune for that though.

Comment

Everything I've read online says the opposite (other than the manufacturer claims, of course), that a catback is worth very little power on these trucks. Downpipes are worth more.

Same goes with the cold air intakes. Pretty much sound only. Maybe 1-3 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        Everything I've read online says the opposite (other than the manufacturer claims, of course), that a catback is worth very little power on these trucks. Downpipes are worth more.

Same goes with the cold air intakes. Pretty much sound only. Maybe 1-3 hp.
        Stickers add that much!

How about a headlight mod, these stupid things are like flashlights with half dead C batteries.

Comment

This sounds like that dumb sport button f150 have

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            I cant get the search to work on my cell. I know pretty much nothing will sound good. But i hear stock is real restrictive. So this is soley for performance

My main thing is I want it quiet in the cab.
            Suggestions?
            If you have access to a dyno to test on you can make a very simple, cheap, and very accurate manometer with clear plastic tubing, water, food dye, duct tape, a tape measure, and a sheet of plywood. Run the truck and measure for restrictions using the manometer. Any restriction over 1.5" of water will cause a power loss.

Having the information will keep you from spending money where you do not have to spend it.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
              I run a heart throb and it sounds decent for a 6 cylinder. If I had it to do over again I would keep the stock exhaust and just go with a downpipe. You're going to need a tune for that though.
              Been reading about this. Claims 38 rwhp/50 rwtq. How bad is interior drone? I like things to be quiet in the cab. Plus I am still in warranty so tunes are not an option at this point. You feel the power increase that they claim?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                This sounds like that dumb sport button f150 have
                I actually like that button for in town driving. Trans doesnt hunt near as much

Comment

Working...
                X