Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Motor Speedway for the AAA 500 this weekend - traffic tips from San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Motor Speedway for the AAA 500 this weekend - traffic tips from San Antonio?

I haven't been to TMS for a big event since TMS was new.
    I don't recall how much of a pain it was to get in and out.

I'll be coming from San Antonio. The race starts at 1pm I believe.

I thought I'd ask if any of you more familiar with the area could recommend how much time I should give myself for traffic into the facility. I want to be parked by about 10am. How soon should I plan to arrive at/near the facility?

Any input?

The last track I went to was Talladega and it was a mess. I've been to Bristol, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Vegas, and they were all pretty smooth in and out.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'd plan for an hour of BS traffic. I'm working it and decided to just bring an enclosed trailer for the weekend so I won't have to deal with it. I'm doing the asphalt circus with a bunch of friends all three days, should be a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
      I'd plan for an hour of BS traffic. I'm working it and decided to just bring an enclosed trailer for the weekend so I won't have to deal with it. I'm doing the asphalt circus with a bunch of friends all three days, should be a good time.

Looks like I may just get a room in flower mound or Decatur Saturday night so I don't have to leave so damn early Sunday a.m.

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnQ View Post
        Looks like I may just get a room in flower mound or Decatur Saturday night so I don't have to leave so damn early Sunday a.m.

Thanks for the info

Flower mound would probably be best, there is construction going on at the 114 and 156 intersection and for a ways back north up 156. Look for the green 7.3 superduty and white enclosed trailer in the VIP lot across from the speedway club if you get bored, I'm sure we'll have some beer in the trailer and we'll be hanging out there if we aren't out acting like jackasses on someone else's toys.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnQ View Post
          I haven't been to TMS for a big event since TMS was new.
          I don't recall how much of a pain it was to get in and out.

They have vastly improved the area around the track and now know how to handle the traffic. But your problem will be the traffic on 35 through Ft Worth to the alliance airport. That area has had an astronomically huge amount of growth so they have been work on 35 to compensate but any accident can cause it back up by an hour or so.

I would plan an extra hour just because of that potential, and if you get there early you've lost nothing but some sleep.
          Last edited by John -- '02 HAWK; 11-02-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I stayed in Denton on 35 last year then drove back to south San Antonio after the race. Only bad place for traffic was north Ft Worth, but i take 130 around austin and most of SA.

Comment

Flower mound would probably be best, there is construction going on at the 114 and 156 intersection and for a ways back north up 156. Look for the green 7.3 superduty and white enclosed trailer in the VIP lot across from the speedway club if you get bored, I'm sure we'll have some beer in the trailer and we'll be hanging out there if we aren't out acting like jackasses on someone else's toys.
              We are not blocking any traffic from what it was before.

Comment

stop short in Austin and watch the SVRA and TransAm races at COTA. $35ea for the weekend and way better action!

Comment

If you can get a room at the Marriott across from the track. It is very well worth the price for lack of hassle. That is where we stay for every TMS event we attend.

Comment

Tip: US281, thank me later.

Comment

I'll be there too. And in the VIP parking as well. look for the A-team van and come say hi. lol
                      I'll drink a beer with any of you ass holes.

Comment

I don't care for those races but am glad my project were shut down for this.

Comment

Don't eat yellow snow....

Cocksucker...

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            I'll be there too. And in the VIP parking as well. look for the A-team van and come say hi. lol
                            I'll drink a beer with any of you ass holes.
                            My ride for the weekend is mo betta.

Comment

My ride for the weekend is mo betta.

YOU WIN. LOL BUT MINE ONLY COST $600, AND HAS COLD A/C. Also I don't have to worry about door dings.

Comment

Working...
                              X