No announcement yet.

Where do I get a cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a British shorthair. If they aren't good mousers, you get a refund.... at least you did in the royal days in England. But they kill mice dead.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
      In honor of the forum.....you already have 5 kids. You have apparently abused the cat already. You don’t need another one!
      Lmao

Comment

Barn cats - $25ea already spayed and neutered delivered to your door.
        I'm actually going to get 2 or 3 next month to keep the mice out of my hay barn.

It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

We picked up two feral barn cats a few weeks ago - they call the shop home and don't come around people. We don't have rats in the shop now, though I did find a 5' long snake skin in the shop today so I don't know if the cats or a snake get to claim the victory.

The trick is we've still got rats in the damned house. It's a 50 year old pier-and-beam house with 27 million places for rats to come in. I've been plugging holes for weeks but those little bastards are persistent. We've tried poison, fox urine (you read that right), every kind of trap known to man, and a few other things I'm forgetting and we've still got rats coming in the kitchen at night. It's driving us mad.

So we're thinking a cat in the house is a good idea, at least until the rat problem is gone. I've got an old Golden Retriever and I'm not real keen on the idea of a small dog, though I haven't given that idea any real thought until reading it here.
          Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 10-24-2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Rat Terriers do a better job and won't piss all over the house.
            Fucking FACT! Rat terriers hold the record. Something like 1400 rats killed in one outing. Get a standard RT. Don't get a mini.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
              In honor of the forum.....you already have 5 kids. You have apparently abused the cat already. You don’t need another one!
              See my replies in the Vasectomy thread.

Comment

craigslist , under free cats

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  Fucking FACT! Rat terriers hold the record. Something like 1400 rats killed in one outing. Get a standard RT. Don't get a mini.
                  We have a rat terrier/jack Russell and I had only seen one rat around my house in 15 years (I know they’re out there just sneaky)and the 2 years he’s lived with us he’s killed 4 in the back yard.. he’s also killed a cat.. he just hates other things in his yard.. he’s been a great companion too.
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

My mother in law has 14. Please come to Boyd take as many as youj can fit in a sack. She feeds strays and wonders why the multiply

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      My mother in law has 14. Please come to Boyd take as many as youj can fit in a sack.
                      lmfao!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        We have a rat terrier/jack Russell and I had only seen one rat around my house in 15 years (I know they’re out there just sneaky)and the 2 years he’s lived with us he’s killed 4 in the back yard.. he’s also killed a cat.. he just hates other things in his yard.. he’s been a great companion too.
                        https://youtu.be/7UXKA7Pk4Vs
                        We have a jack Russell also...that dude can kill a rabbit in 1.5 secs with 2 good shakes. They used to get under our wood pile out back. And he never forgets...if you pull him inside for the night, he goes right back to the spot he smelled something the next morning!

Comment

cats wont hunt for mice if they aren't taught by their mother.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            https://youtu.be/7UXKA7Pk4Vs
                            Hillbillies still use them to tree squirrels and hunt raccoons. They will straight up kill a raccoon. Mine killed a big one under a riverbank. He just put pressure on that thing and barked until the coon made a mistake, and went in and broke its neck. My dog was 15lbs, and the raccoon was a few more.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

We have an outside cat that lives in the shed. She came with the house when we bought it and we had her spaded after her 1st litter. We feed her a small amount every couple days. She brings up a rat per day and stands outside the front door meowing until we open the door and acknowledge her, she then devours the entire thing in about a minute. She leaves only the stomach/intestines every time. It's pretty impressive other than washing rat guts off my porch everyday.
                              Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Anti freeze works great. But you have to keep it away from other pets. I keep a pan in my shop and barn. I have no other pets. Its sweet, and they like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X