• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    Best police ride-a-long ever!!!

This!

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
      Well if I get shot don't just leave my ass on the side of the road!

Do you have to go for the entire shift? I'd have to force myself to sleep all day if I did a midnight ride along because I would never be able to stay awake the entire time.
      The chances of getting shot have went way down now that I'm out of Stop Six. Getting creamed by a drunk has went way up though since I'm in downtown.

You are not required to stay the whole shift.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
      George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
        The chances of getting shot have went way down now that I'm out of Stop Six. Getting creamed by a drunk has went way up though since I'm in downtown.

You are not required to stay the whole shift.
        I went on a ride-along with Jimmy and had a good time, even though there wasn't a whole lot of action that night.

I only lasted until about 3-3:30a and I was falling asleep. I would like to go for a ride on the new beat though.

-Aaron

Comment

Sounds pretty cool. Do I just head to whichever department I want to go with and just ask to sign up for it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
            been there for 4 years. Im a patrol officer and SWAT operator for the North Tarrant Regional SWAT Team (Keller, Colleyville, Southlake, Roanoke, and Watauga)
            I am busting my ass to get on the force. Brother is a cop up in North Carolina and just made swat. Waiting for tests to come up is driving me crazy.
            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
            Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
              I am busting my ass to get on the force. Brother is a cop up in North Carolina and just made swat. Waiting for tests to come up is driving me crazy.
              Bad thing is with the economy most places are trimming back or on a hiring freeze. We have lost around 12 slots in the last three years and that is a huge impact on a smaller department.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Hey Tanner, could you be talked in to harassing my brother a bit?
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Hey Tanner, could you be talked in to harassing my brother a bit?
                  Hmmmm, wats it worth to ya? LOL kidding, PM what you speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Bad thing is with the economy most places are trimming back or on a hiring freeze. We have lost around 12 slots in the last three years and that is a huge impact on a smaller department.
                    Same... We need NEED at least 3 officer's and I think we are going to ask for 1 for the upcoming PACT test.

Comment

When i was 14/15 I would hop on patrol with a buddy, but it was a sleepy little town north of Ogden, UT so we didn't see much action.

Just working and hearing stories, seeing the equipment, etc, I have a good idea of what goes on. IMO it's almost cooler to be around for briefings, especially when it's a brief for serving a warrant or doing a raid.

This actually kinda makes me want to ask one of the guys up here for a ride just to kill some time.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                        When i was 14/15 I would hop on patrol with a buddy, but it was a sleepy little town north of Ogden, UT so we didn't see much action.

Just working and hearing stories, seeing the equipment, etc, I have a good idea of what goes on. IMO it's almost cooler to be around for briefings, especially when it's a brief for serving a warrant or doing a raid.

This actually kinda makes me want to ask one of the guys up here for a ride just to kill some time.
                        That would actually be pretty cool. Like what you see on the show SWAT on TV as they get ready to go serve the high risk warrants.

Comment

That would actually be pretty cool. Like what you see on the show SWAT on TV as they get ready to go serve the high risk warrants.
                          Yeah, but i'm never around for the "gear up".. just when they do the briefing, discuss entry team tactics and contingency entries, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                            Yeah, but i'm never around for the "gear up".. just when they do the briefing, discuss entry team tactics and contingency entries, etc.
                            Still cool regardless. Do you work with them at a station or just know people?

Comment

Still cool regardless. Do you work with them at a station or just know people?
                              My job for the last 3ish years has been working on public safety radios. Part of that entails reprogramming the handheld, mobile, and base station units for Police/Fire/EMS/Local Govt. Most of the radios in a given city are fire or pd though, so I end up spending most of my time at police stations. I'm leaving this job next week though, and will be more involved with the system side than the end user aspect.

I'm going to ask the guys here what the bad area of town is, and request a ride along in a few nights. woot!

Comment

Working...
                              X